15 Quotes That Prove The FLOTUS Is Amazing

The First Lady of the United States: Michelle Obama

47
Venus Rose

It's going to be very difficult for Melania Trump or Bill Clinton to fill the shoes of the great Michelle Obama. Since 2009, the currently First Lady has proven to be one of the most inspirational of all time. With her kind heart and passion for her country, Michelle will leave the White House having made a deep impression on the lives of America. In honor of her beautiful speech at the Democratic Convention, here are 15 of our favorite quotes made by the First Lady.

1. "There are still many causes worth sacrificing for, so much history yet to be made."

2. "Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own."

3."As women, we must stand up for ourselves."

4. "Choose people who lift you up."

5. "Every day, the people I meet inspire me... Every day, they make me proud... Every day, they remind me how blessed we are to live in the greatest nation on earth."

6. "Whether you come from a council estate or a country estate, your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude."

7. "You see, at the end of the day, my most important title is still 'mom-in-chief.' My daughters are still the heart of my heart and the center of my world."

8. "If I can have any impact, I want women to feel good about themselves and have fun with fashion."

9. "So today, when the challenges we face start to seem overwhelming- or even impossible- let us never forget that doing the impossible is the history of this nation... It's who we are as Americans. It's how this country was built."

10. "No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of half of its citizens."

11. “The issues a president faces cannot be boiled down to 140 characters.”

12. "I wake up every morning in a house built by slaves."

13. "When you walk through that open door of opportunity, you don't slam it shut behind you."

14. "When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous."

15. "You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world's problems at once but don't ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own."