14 People You Meet At A Music Festival

14 People You Meet At A Music Festival

There's no better place to people watch.

98
14 People You Meet At A Music Festival
YouTube

The city of Phoenix is turning into quite the music hub. Once festival season is over with, it's Phoenix's time to shine with their own festivals because of the great venues and the weather. Ranging from Mad Decent Block Party to Decadence to Phoenix Lights, there are new and old festivals that are growing and developing impressive lineups every year.

Now, if you've turned into a music festival aficionado, then you've met many humans from different walks of life. Eventually, the sense of deja vu gets more frequent as you realize: you see the same types of people at each festival.

So cheers to the spring festival season in Phoenix before the regular season kicks off, and these are the different types of people you'll see at these festivals.

The Flower Child

The first sign is the flower crown. The rest of the wardrobe as follows (crop tops, floral pants, or maxi skirts), as well as the personality traits. Peace and love is the mission, and music will bring us all together. Some of them might even be hula hooping, but not the raver kind of hula hoops (yes, there is a difference). Vanessa Hudgens is their supreme.

The EDM Hipster

A rave veteran who's seen it all before. The purists go to music festivals because of the music and the opportunity to see new DJ's and their favorite ones. Oh, trap is your favorite genre? The EDM hipster will chew your head off about how it's destroying the scene. Oh, your favorite DJs are Hardwell and Avicii? Hide now or feel the wrath. They'll claim they've been raving before it was popular, and they hate any newbies that join the scene.

The Kandi Kids

Probably the easiest to spot amongst all festival-goers. Adorned in kandi from head to toe, these ravers have been making kandi since the day after EDC 2015. Determined to trade with everyone they have a conversation with, and each piece was made with a specific purpose or story in mind.

The Foodies

If you're at a festival like Outside Lands or Austin City Limits, the food junkies emerge as they enjoy as much of the cuisine as possible. In reality, these people are probably there more for the food than the music. And dear god, will you all shut up about the Coachella lemonade already?

The Fist-Pumping Bros

They're shirtless, they're sweating, and they're here to fist pump all night long. The bros are easy to spot, as they typically rep whatever fraternity they're in at the festival. However, you might be fooled, because the other half are crazy Australians. If there is a "whoop whoop" being chanted during a house set, 9 out of 10 times, a fist-pumping bro started it. You can thank them for killing the scene.

The PLUR Divas

Typically wearing the least amount of clothes possible in the form of pasties, a thong, and furry booties. These are the other kind of hula hoopers, and they want to simply express the ways of peace and love to every soul they meet.

The Overdosers

After taking six points of molly, multiple lines of cocaine, and maybe tripping on one or two tabs of acid, these partiers end up in the medical tent, or passed out on the grass somewhere. If they haven't reached that yet, then they are leaning against something with their eyes in the back of their head, mouths wide open, and about to puke at any moment.

The Flamboyant Homosexual

The most fabulous of them all, their bodies are chiseled, waxed, and lathered up in oil to the point where you could point out their shine from across the way. Seen wearing only a neon, leather speedo or pair of shorts and fashionable running shoes.

The Newbie

First tall tell sign of a festival newbie is the lack of specific wardrobe style. Prior to the show, they have no idea what to wear because they haven't figured out what group they are a part of. They figure the cute t-shirt with some DJ named "dead-mau-five" who looks like Mickey Mouse on it will help them blend in with the crowd. They also didn't bring any water with them, and they are more than willing to pay for the overpriced merch, food, and drinks. Oh and that look on their face of complete shock and awe? Definitely a dead giveaway.

The Social Media Addicts

Throw your phones in the air if you really, really care about what people think about your Instagram posts. Catch these mobile phone addicts with their hands constantly posting Snapchats to "my story," and live-tweeting the entire festival. They probably aren't dancing because that would prevent them from posting all over the web, and they are public enemy number one after eventually climbing on top of someone's shoulders for a candid pic with a better view. Because if you didn't take a picture at a music festival, were you even really there?

The Veteran

Easy to spot purely because these human beings are elderly. You'd think their grandchildren dropped them off. Known for being the oldest ravers of them all, they've been there for the birth of the dance music scene where they've been listening to Carl Cox, Paul Van Dyke, and Frankie Knuckles before any of you youngsters even heard of them.

The Dance Crew

Whether they're shuffling, skanking, doing the nae-nae or looking like they are having a conniption, these people need 80 feet of dance space, otherwise you're looking to get knocked.

The Couple

A couple who dances together, stays together. These people come in many forms, ranging from extreme PDA, or very loud, and very public fighting. Long weekend festivals can either make or break a partnership, so if you want to avoid drama, you might want to avoid inviting couples into your campsite.

The Dirty Hippie

Spotted at all festivals with campsites, these people skip the showers, their breath stanks, and they forgot to bring their deodorant. You can smell them from a mile away, and you wonder where their shoes went. If there was a rainstorm recently, catch these kids playing in the mud.