14 Broadway Shows You Must See

14 Broadway Shows You Must See

Amazing music. Amazing shows

1924
14 Broadway Shows You Must See
New York Sight Seeing Tours

I love going to Broadway! It's becoming a problem since I want to see just about every show out there. But, it does help a bit knowing there are discounts for college students. (psst! Use https://www.tix4students.com you won't regret it! All you need is a valid college ID.)

Here are some Broadway shows you should see!

1. "School of Rock"

Yes, this musical is based off of the 2003 Jack Black film. The musical perfectly captures the movie, and it really is so much fun to be there. I had first row when I went to go see it on July 3 with my college roommate. It’s playing at the Winter Garden Theatre. When I tell you you’ll have so much fun rocking out with the cast, you most defiantly will.

2. "Matilda"

You better get your tickets soon! "Matilda" is closing on January First. Don’t worry! It’s on tour in the US, along with shows in London, Australia and Canada if you happen to miss the New York shows. The book turned musical is a show I’ve been wanting to see for a while now, and I’m so glad I’m going to be seeing it in September with my roommate. You can be a bit naughty with the cast at the Shubert Theatre.

3. "Waitress"

"Waitress" is about a young woman in the South. I’ve been wanting to see this show since they announced it coming to Broadway earlier this year. I’m getting the chance to see it in September. With songs written by the one and only Sara Bareilles, this show is a must see. You can catch Waitress at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre, and enjoy some pie!

4. "Something Rotten!"

OK, let’s talk about the 90s. The 1590s that is. This musical is about two brothers who get out shadowed by the one and only William Shakespeare. When the older brother, Nick Bottom, pays a soothsayer to predict his future, things start to get shaky. You can go see this show, and one of my favorites, at the St. James Theatre and have fun in the Renaissance.

5. "Aladdin"

Yes, based off of the Disney movie. You won’t regret buying tickets. Now, I’m trying not to brag, but I had box seats with my roommate and it was one hell of an experience. You won’t be disappointed with coming to see this show. Go take your kids, or any Disney lover, and experience the Disney Magic that Aladdin has to offer. You can catch a magic carpet ride at the New Amsterdam Theatre.

6. "Kinky Boots"

If you’re looking for fun and something inspiring, go see "Kinky Boots." You won’t regret it. It’s currently on Broadway and touring. So, you do have a shot of seeing this musical. If you want to get kinky, you can catch this show at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre. Or, if you aren’t in the New York area, catch it on tour in the US. The show also has shows in Toronto, London and Australia. Just remember, the sex is in the heel.

7. "Beautiful: The Carole King Musical"

If you like Carole King, this show is for you. I’ve heard such great things about this show. Maybe even bring a friend to show them the way. This is one show I haven’t seen yet. But who knows with what the future holds? And, they’re touring as well! If you aren’t in the New York area, you can find them on their North American Tour. Along with their performances in London and Australia. If you are in the New York area, well, you’re in luck. You can go have fun at the Stephen Sondheim Theatre.

8. "Wicked"

Yes. "Wicked." The musical about what happened before Dorothy dropped into Oz. I know this show has been running for more than a decade, but it is so amazingly put together. It will make you cry. After seeing this show twice, I still want to go back. Speaking of seeing the show twice, with a valid student ID, you can get $67 tickets at the box office. The seats aren’t bad at all. I highly recommend doing so! You can catch the citizens of Oz at the Gershwin Theatre. You can also catch the citizens on tour in London!

9. "The Lion King"

Yes, another Disney movie turned musical. But how can you not want to see your favorite characters on stage? Though, I haven’t seen it, it's a show I would love to eventually see. Even if you can’t come to New York to see Simba and everyone else, you can catch them on their North American tour! If you want to bring your children or any Disney lovers to come have fun in Africa with Simba and everyone else, you can come to the Minskoff Theatre.

10. "If/Then" Tour

OK, so, this one is just a tour. But, it was on Broadway. I had the blessing of seeing it four days before it’s closing. This is a show you really need to follow. Remember the little details and then go home and listen to the soundtrack a few times to help really grasp the full story line, since this show follows two story lines. This show was at the Richard Rodgers Theatre. You can catch Elizabeth going through the many possibilities of life on the North American tour.

11. "Book of Mormon"

If you like South Park, you’ll love this musical. After seeing it opening week, and being a fan of South Park, this show will leave you laughing until your stomach hurts. You can follow the story of Elder Price at the Eugene O’Neill Theatre. Get ready to believe with your loved ones as you take a trip to The Big Apple. If you aren’t in the New York area, you can catch the Elders on tour in the US, and also catch performances in London and Melbourne.

12. "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time"

Another show I would love to see. I’ve heard it was good! Even one of my professors at school went. If you want to follow Christopher’s journey, you can come to the Barrymore Theatre. Just make sure you can see this adventure before September Fourth! It is their last Broadway performance. But! You can always catch Christopher on tour!

13. "Newsies" on Tour

OK, another tour. For another Broadway show that closed. But, from what I had heard, it is none-the-less an amazing show. You can catch your dancing New York News Boys, on strike, on tour. And you won’t regret it. This show was based off of the film directed by Kenny Ortega.

14. "Finding Neverland"

You want a good cry? Then go see "Finding Neverland" up until August 21, 2016 at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre. But don’t you worry, you can still find out how Peter Pan came to be, on their tour! So, you’re still in luck to see this show and cry your eyes out. You won't regret this one bit!

OK, so, real talk here. I've seen a handful of these shows. I wouldn't lie to you when I say you should honestly go see them. Yes, tickets are crazy expensive. And like I did say earlier, if you are a college student with a valid student ID, go to https://www.tix4students.com and it will help tremendously.