133 Days Until Graduation

133 Days Until Graduation

Am I really all that prepared?

10
133 Days Until Graduation

I am 133 days away from graduation. Soon, I'll leave behind the foundation I created for myself over the past 4 years. I'll have to say goodbye to my second family, my best friends, my comfort as an undergrad all to say hello to my first real attempt at adulthood. I have 133 days to get my shit together.

There are a lot of things that adults don't tell you about life after graduation. You expect that everything you learned in college would prepare you for what happens next, but am I really all that prepared? I have a great resume and will hopefully graduate with the ability to accept a job, but no one told me how hard it was to apply for a teaching job when you're certifications are pending until May.

I've applied for 7 or 8 teaching and substitute jobs, but every job wants a copy of my certifications. Am I less appealing to employers because I don't have my certifications yet? Is the likelihood of me getting the job lower than someone else who is graduating because I don't have my certification yet? I have less than 133 days to finish and submit my edTPA, take the rest of my state tests, and get certified.

Alumni tell you to power through, apply for every job you can, one is bound to work. Alumni don't tell you how stressful applying for careers are. What about grad school? I have 5 years to get my masters or I lose everything I've work so hard for. Do I go right to grad school, go to grad school part time and work, or wait until the last minute and work first? No one tells you how difficult this decision is.

I have 133 days until graduation. I have 133 days to figure everything out. Over these next 133 days, I'm going to enjoy being a senior with my friends, enjoy having it almost be over, and enjoy the last memories I'll make on the heights with my phin phamily.