13 Ways You Can Be Kind To Yourself Every Day

It's time to include self-care in your everyday life.

52

I bet you're guilty of this too, just like me, I have 'self-care days' rather than including self-care in my everyday life. Instead of taking care of myself a little bit each day, I neglect my needs until Sunday and then start the process all over again.

It stops now.

Here are 13 ways to include self-care in your everyday life, and be kind to yourself.

1. Drink water!

Unsplash

Your body needs you! Make sure you hydrate enough, there are even water bottles on Amazon to track your progress.

2. Get your sleep.

As a college student, it's easy to fall into a pattern of all-nighters and not get enough sleep. As a college student, you need seven to nine hours of sleep each night, make sure you time-manage so you can get your z's!

3. Start a daily journal!

Today I am Grateful book Photo by Gabrielle Henderson on Unsplash

Writing out your feelings can help you better understand why you feel the way you do, and any changes you need to make in your life. You can also write about what you're grateful for, and keep your memories in one place. It's a great way to take care of your mental health!

4. Keep a daily schedule.

Having a planner or to-do list to plan out your day can lower stress levels and help keep your days organized! It's also a great opportunity to pencil in some self-care at the end of the day.

5. Start (and keep) your skincare routine!

Unsplash

Pamper your skin too! It doesn't have to be too complex either, just a simple cleanser, serum, and moisturizer will be great! An added bonus will be applying your serums with a jade roller (your skin will thank you!).

6. Get up early!

Though it can be tempting to sleep in, it's proven to be better for your mental and physical health to get up early!

7. Go for walks or get moving!

A brisk 30-minute walk or moving your hips along to some music can get those endorphins released and make you feel happier! This exercise is a great thing for your physical and mental health!

8. Give yourself a break.

Unsplash

Make sure not to over-work yourself! Give yourself time for a bath, a cup of tea, and your favorite show.

9. Include some healthy foods into your diet.

Including healthy food into your everyday life will have you feeling good both inside and out! Go grab some greens!

10. Spend time with friends & family.

Unsplash

Being around the people you love is the best feeling! Make some time for a quick lunch or a phone call on a busy day, or invite them over for a movie night.

11. Learn to say no.

Don't allow yourself to over-pack your schedule, learn to say no and create your boundaries.

12. Unplug from the devices.

Unsplash

With online school, we're always on our screens, so take a break! Step away from your phone and computer. Go take a nice walk, color, or simply allow yourself to not be disturbed.

13. Clean the space you're in.

Make sure to keep your space clean! A clean space is a clean mind. Also, deep clean once a week! You'll be very relaxed after you're done.

Be kind to yourself every day!