1. "Don't touch the hair" being drilled into you that even if you've stopped playing, the idea of touching a bow still freaks you out.
2. The fear of breaking your E string the first time you tune it alone... and the second time... and the third time...
3. Listening to yourself playing as a beginner and cringing when you hear how horrendous and screechy it sound, but hey, everyone has to start somewhere. Even Mozart was out of tune once.
4. The struggles of learning any position other than first (bonus points if you just had one massive sticker instead of individual tapes).
5. Arguing over who got to play first violin, because everyone knows first gets to play the fun melodies.
6. The struggle that was vibrato. It looked fancy, sounded gorgeous (if done correctly), but was a difficult trick to master. Third finger was always the easiest, followed by second, then first, and fourth was an absolute nightmare.
7. Having a distinct preference for bluegrass fiddle music, hip-hop music, or classical music.
8. Not having to correct people because you don't play viola.
9. Being jealous of the marching band, even though you knew you were just awesome.
How did someone ever come up with this?