13 True Statements If Your Biggest Fans Are Family Members

Spread the love.

108
Etsy

This is a tribute to my family members, who support me and are there whenever I need them. So much so that I feel they are practically members of my own personal fan club, hence the title. I'm not saying this by a way of conceit, but in the matter that they are the people in my life who seem the happiest to see me and become invested in all my stories or share theirs with me. They seem the most excited to "do life" with me, no matter the occasion. This comes from a small and large family standpoint, since I have experienced both. My hope is that others have families like this too (whether parents, siblings, grandparents, or extended family), in which case what comes next should be most understandable within your life.

1. They will always be your cheerleaders.

Have a sports game, speech, or ceremony? Your family members are right there, with front row seats (and maybe even snacks) supporting your achievement or victory in some way. They want to try to attend anything you are involved in. Whether or not they are the loudest in the crowd, you can hear their voices cheering you on. And if they could they would make signs or throw on some face paint, but if they are supportive they will try not to embarrass you...too much.

2. You never know if they are being honest without a bias.

Whenever you need any advice on what to wear or if your haircut looks good, you want to go to the first person you see. If that happens to be a family member it may be harder to know if you are getting the true answer. They will most likely tell you how amazing you look (unless they are a sibling), and as lovely of an answer as this is...it is getting you nowhere. You are left thinking, "You have to say that, we are related!"

3. No matter what you do, you are cool.

This may happen a lot with younger siblings...or parents who are trying to match the times. But, when you are at home you do not need to worry as much about what you say and the weird stuff you do. Even your weirdest self is someone they enjoy and do not judge, and chances are you will end up being seen as super cool or purposefully hilarious. You may start out as someone to laugh at, but then you will end up laughing with them in the process.

4. There is at least one person in your family you can tell everything to.

If you are lucky, you may even be able to go to more than one family member with your deepest of secrets and not even hesitate. It feels great to be able to rely on someone and when you are dying to just tell somebody, you always know where to go, and it is as if they lived the moment with you rather than apart. Of course, if you need advice or just a listening ear they are eagerly waiting to be involved in your life.

5. They are always there to entertain you.

If you are bored or away from home, guess what? Someone in your family is just a phone call away. Or if you do not do calls, then texts suffice and the best part is there are Snapchat videos from your siblings or a Skype call does the trick. Who needs plans when there are people at home to catch up with, or, if anything you can use any one of these as methods of procrastination. Although, they will also expect you to be their entertainment at some point, but that is not a worry because your life is full of excitement!

6. They may try to follow all of your social media accounts.

Now with siblings this is a given (and they may expect you to follow their multiple Instagram accounts). There are some parents who try to follow you on Instagram, Facebook, and even be your best friend on Snapchat. Depending on who you are, you might love this, or you may need to find a nice way to say "That's not cool". But you will end up showing them half of the stuff anyway.

7. They may try to convince you to move back home in the future.

Chances are they miss you if they are some of your biggest fans, and just want you to be around more.They probably want to live with you again so this could entail siblings trying to come up with a plan to live with you away from the 'rents. On the other hand, your whole family may come up with reasons to move back into the house or at least into the area. As for you, you are flattered but just wants to see what the future holds, so there is no telling right now.

8. When you are away from them you can't help but feel less appreciated.

Of course, your friends and other people you surround yourself with do appreciate you. But, you cannot help all of the positive reactions about your presence getting to your head. Once you are in a different area than them, you do not expect it, but it is kind of strange not to be excitedly greeted at the door.

9.They are always happy to see you and miss you while you are gone.

Have you ever gone away for a while and then surprised someone from your family when they had no idea you were coming? Their reaction is priceless. Enough said.

10. They will always want to check in on your life.

They want to be involved and you cannot blame them, they want to know about everything that is going on. If you haven't reached out to them in a while they may begin to worry and want to know that you are still alive.

11. Being close to them is normal.

Being able to talk to them was already a factor mentioned, but it is even more than that. It is the fact that your mom is like a sister, and your siblings are some of your best friends, you have an aunt that is like a close cousin and a cousin that has been your life long pal. And people wonder why and how you can be that close.

12. You learn something from them despite their age.

This includes any member, whether it be a grandparent or your youngest sibling, everyone has something to bring to the table. It could be some type of sage wisdom, a perfect response to your problem, or even understanding what it feels like to not be taken for granted. They are there to learn and grow with and see you in the same way.

13. You are truly blessed.

You understand that not everyone's family is like this. Some do not have even one member who is this supportive. So, aside from trying to be family for those friends of yours, you appreciate this beyond belief. It would be incorrect to say there are not times that you accidentally take this for granted. However, you really try not to and when you deeply think about it you realize how loved and lucky you truly are. Especially if multiple members in your family are like this to you. These people enjoy you and that makes you happy.