13 Things You Should Do This Summer If You're Staying In Colorado

A short bucket list that's easy to check off

108
Author's Photo

I’ve got one thing to say: Adulting is hard. I don’t like it at all and I’m not even really adulting yet, I’m college student-ing. Either way, it’s hard and stressful more times than not. You deserve a break.

Take advantage of all your free time, here’s a list of a few things you could do this summer.

1. Take a hike

Take more than one hike, hike in as many places as possible. The mountains are literally so close. Don’t think about it just go.

2. Go somewhere in the middle of the night

Everything is more fun at night. IHOP at 1 in the morning? Way more fun than IHOP in the middle of the day.

3. $5 Tuesday’s at AMC

AMC just announced that every Tuesday all summer long they’ll be having movies for $5, you can’t get any cheaper than that for newly released movies and the authentic movie theater experience.

4. Denver Art Museum

It’s free up until age 18 and even after that admission is pretty cheap. It’s a cute and perfect date idea (hint hint boys). While she’s staring at the art you can stare at her am I right? Maybe I’m just thinking too unrealistically...

5. Watch some sunsets and sunrises

You should do this as often as possible even while school is in session, but it’s a little bit easier in the summer. Maybe go on a sunrise hike, check off two things at once…

6. Roadtrip!!

It doesn’t have to be far. Grab your best friends and go. Colorado has so many amazing places that usually aren’t more than a few hours away, just go. If you want to plan out a more legit roadtrip that would be awesome too

7. Bake/ Learn how to cook

I don’t know about you all but I love baking and sweets and college deprived me of the ability to just head to the kitchen and bake something spontaneously. Also cooking is a much needed skill, especially in college, you can't eat ramen forever.

8. Read

College probably deprived you of reading for fun. It’s important to read things you want and important to read in general to expand your knowledge and viewpoints

9. Paint

Invest $25 and you’ve got painting supplies for the summer. I bought a set of paint brushes, paint, and a bunch of canvas for that price. Michaels always has the steal on canvases

10. Photo shoots

Summer is all about getting the perfect pictures to post to make people think you are living your best life (which hopefully you are). It’s the perfect time to have photo shoots. Don’t be embarrassed about it either, at this point we all understand and applaud you for your crazy angle skills that get the perfect pictures.

11. Drive in

If you can’t make it to the movies on a Tuesday head to a drive in another night. They’re pretty cheap too, but you aren’t really paying for the movie, you’re paying for the experience.

12. Volunteer

Summer is the perfect time to build up your resume. Do something for the greater good that will make you happier than money ever could. There are plenty of volunteer opportunities all the time.

13. Start a blog

Bored of Instagram and your finsta? Start a blog. It’s a place for you to be a bit more mature in your postings and to hone in on your writing skills. You’ll also learn a lot about how to run a website and how to get people to view it, it should be a pretty fun experience especially if you like talking about yourself- and I don’t mean that in a bad way. Your experiences are often things people look up to or just look to to know there is someone like them out there.

Make the most out of your summer, even while working, you only get a few more.