13 Songs To Make You Smile Today

13 Songs To Make You Smile Today

I think that we could all use some uplifting and cheesy songs to make us happy.

252
13 Songs To Make You Smile Today

These past few months have been tough on all of us no matter where you fall on the political spectrum. And what better way to come together than some uplifting and happy songs?! Regardless of how cheesy these songs are, you know that when you hit the play button, your mood immediately lightens.

1. Colbie Caillat's "Brighter Than The Sun."

Whenever I listen to Colbie Caillat's music, I feel like I am sitting in a lounge chair on a white-sand beach sipping a margarita. Or at least that's what it makes me want to do. It is impossible to not be happy while listening to this song.

2. Natasha Beddingfield's "Pocketful of Sunshine"

No matter how cheesy this song is, when you hear it on the radio you can't help but sing along. It is one of those songs that you have listened to so many times it might actually be stuck in your head forever.

via GIPHY

3. Fergie's "Fergalicious"

If I'm ever feeling down, I know that the rap verse in Fergalicious will always make me feel better. HIT IT FERGIE

via GIPHY

4. Imagine Dragon's "It's Time"

Whenever this song comes on, it makes me feel as though the opportunities that lay in front of me are endless. This is just one of those songs that will put you in a good mood every time you hear it.

5. Don McLean's "American Pie"

Whether this song reminds you of road trips, singing by the campfire or just makes you feel nostalgic, I think that we can all agree that this is an American classic.

via GIPHY

6. Oasis' "Wonderwall"

Okay, this song might be a bit cheesy but you can't admit whenever you hear the first chords of this classic you automatically start belting out..."TODAY IS GONNA BE THE DAY THAT I'M GONNA THROW IT BACK TO YOUUUUU"

7. Young the Giant's "Cough Syrup"

The message behind this song is just fantastic. It reminds us all that we shouldn't take life too seriously. Maybe life is too short to even care at all?

8. John Mayer's "Your Body is a Wonderland"

Listening to this song makes you almost feel like your lifelong dream of John Mayer serenading you is coming true...almost.

9. Guns N' Roses "Sweet Child O' Mine"

Whether you are a true Guns N' Roses fan or if you just love that iconic scene in Step Brothers, this song holds a special place in all of our hearts.

via GIPHY

10. The 1975's "Chocolate"

You may not know what they are saying half the time but you've listened to it about a million times so the words are now irrelevant. nanahaam nanahma hamam SMELLS LIKE CHOCOLATE.

11. Literally any song from the movie," Frozen."

Just about all of the songs in the movie, "Frozen" will brighten your day. Who doesn't want to hear a Snowman sing about the joys of summer?

via GIPHY

12. Miley Cyrus' "Do My Thang"

If Miley has taught us anything throughout the years, she has taught us how important it is to unapologetically be yourself DO YOUR THANG.

13. Tegan and Sara's "Where Does the Good Go?"

If you watch, "Grey's Anatomy," you might recognize this song from Grey and Yang's bittersweet goodbye. Hearing this song makes me want to have a dance party with a world class neurosurgeon.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F01%2F29%2F636212615426878296-1485890903_636212528293274217181698438_gifs-meredith-cristina-dancing-grey-anatomy-1.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=48&h=bbe205664fc60d80f6e774bef920d165e3bc3fc2026d897a754e27a106e7ddef&size=980x&c=2722652344 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2017%252F01%252F29%252F636212615426878296-1485890903_636212528293274217181698438_gifs-meredith-cristina-dancing-grey-anatomy-1.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D48%26h%3Dbbe205664fc60d80f6e774bef920d165e3bc3fc2026d897a754e27a106e7ddef%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2722652344%22%7D" expand=1]

Via Pop Sugar

Happy listening!