13 Songs Of The 2000s That Describe Competitive Cheerleading

Who knew hit songs of the 2000s perfectly describes cheerleading?!

1545
Cheerblogg

Did I say full out again? Oops! - every cheerleader's coach

1. Britney Spears, "Oops!...I Did It Again"

Hearing the phrase "full out" is probably every cheerleaders worst nightmare because it means you have to do your entire routine while smiling. Every cheerleader also knows that if their coach says we'll only do the routine one more full out that it actually means a thousand more times, oops.

2. Nelly, "Hot in Here"

Whenever you do a routine full out a thousand times and think you might be dying from all of the sweat.

3. Fall Out Boy, "Sugar, We're Going Down"

Each stunt group has gone through the struggle of hitting a stunt almost perfectly until someone moves the wrong way. One wrong move and the entire stunt group automatically braces for a fall which sometimes end with a flyer on the ground.

4. Justin Timberlake, "Cry Me a River"

Cry me a river is a phrase commonly used or paraphrased by coaches in a number of situations. These situations include girls complaining about running, having to do conditioning, or going full out.

5. Faith Hill, "Breathe"

Not only do your coaches tell you to suck it up whenever you complain, but they also provide words of wisdom or maybe just one word. This word of wisdom is breathe. It is commonly used after mile long runs, intense conditioning, and after doing a routine full out just to do it again.

6. Backstreet Boys, "Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely"

Every cheerleader can relate to the feeling that once you become a competitive cheerleader you can say goodbye to having a life. Competitive cheerleading is a year long sport and leaves you with no free time at all. So long birthday parties, hello four hour practices.

7. Destiny's Child, "Survivor"

Whenever you finish a season or practice and think to yourself that you're a survivor. However, you're a survivor who is going to go through all the pain again shortly.

8. Missy Elliot, "Work It"

Work it is a phrase that is usually shouted by coaches, parents, and teammates as a form of encouragement. This is usually shouted during competitions and sadly at practice during a full out routine.

9. Jay Z, "99 Problems"

Waking up the next morning after practice and discovering 99 new bruises. Cheerleading has led to hundreds of bruises and injuries that no normal teenage girl should have.

10. Lily Allen, "Smile"

Along with being yelled at to work it, cheerleaders are also constantly being told to smile. Every cheerleader is told to practice in their mirror at home their facials. These facials should be perfected before practice or else vaseline will be applied to your teeth to force a smile.

11. Jordin Sparks, "No Air"

All cheerleaders can relate to the idea of eating mat. This happens whenever you don't set enough or don't get enough air during a tumbling pass and ultimately wipe out.

12. Shakira, "Whenever, Wherever"

Competitive cheerleading has taught me to always be ready to tumbling anywhere such as the beach or even an apartment hallway.

13. Jesse McCartney, "Leavin"

Unfortunately, all of the stress from competitive cheerleading can make you second guess your choice of sport. At some point, every girl has thought about quitting or not trying out the next season after finishing a hard practice. Even with the thoughts of quitting, all cheerleaders know they could never quit because it is their life.