13 Signs College Has Turned You Into Squidward

There's hope for you yet, though!

312
pelfind.net

As almost everyone knows, "Spongebob" sums up the life of a college student perfectly. Actually, "Spongebob" perfectly sums up life in general, because it's so amazingly awesome. But while we'd all (hopefully) like to relate to Spongebob himself, the truth is that we tend to become Squidwards over the course of our time at college. Now that I'm closing in on graduation, I can look back and see my grumpy transformation.

1. You're always tired.

The amount of times Squidward goes to bed depressed is astounding. Although, he's kind of always depressed. You probably are, too, at least a little bit.

2. School work makes you feel kind of like this:

But actually... tell me this isn't actually how you look by the end of the term.

3. You do everything with a level of disdain.

Don't deny it.

4. Your stress shows.

No amount of makeup is gonna hide that bulging forehead vein, man.

5. You're trying to hold onto your GPA like:

You try your hardest, but it often seems like you'll never be able to maintain it. Or, if you do, it looks like this:

Yeah. Being in college is rough.

6. Other people's joy makes you upset.

Look at Squidward's face. Tell me that's not how your face looks for most of the term.

7. Classes make you bored out of your mind.

Props to teachers who deal with our blank stares. It's all we know.

8. When you finish a paper at 4 a.m.

Obviously it's the best thing you've ever written. Who says you can't get everything done the night before?

9. When you finally get to eat something other than campus food.

I'm convinced the Freshman 15 is more from overeating once you get home than overeating on campus.

10. Every finals week makes you look kind of something like this:

The sadness of school just finally hits home during finals week.

11. And leading up to finals week you look more like this:

This though. 'Nuff said.

12. The future terrifies you.

Maybe on the outside you've mastered the facade of "cool, calm, and collected," but let's be real -- on the inside, you look a lot like this, no matter how big the smile on your face is (but it's okay, we all freak out a bit about what's after college).

13. And at the end of the day... curling up in bed is really all you feel you can do.

It's OK. We've all been there.

So maybe you're one of the lucky, optimistic people who have managed to survive college with hope still intact. If so, I salute you--you have managed to do what most only dream of accomplishing. For the rest of you... I suggest you find those optimistic people. Squidwards of the world, you must find your Spongebobs. Because life can always get a little bit brighter (even for a Squidward like you!).