13 Reasons Why Taylor Swift Is Vastly Overrated

Imma let you finish, but...

23572
Just Jared

As you may have seen, Taylor Swift has made her long awaited comeback a few weeks ago. Since then, she has released two singles, a music video, and enough teasers of her new album, “Reputation”. As great as that is for everyone else, I haven’t been a “Swiftie” for a few years now. There are certain things that she has done that I just can’t get over and I’m not the only one.

1. Taylor’s “Eras”

There is literally no reason for someone who is 27 to have to reinvent herself like four times. From the Speak Now Era to the Red Era to now, I’m over it. You shouldn’t have to change so much if you were just being yourself...

2. Boyfriends. Boyfriends. Boyfriends.

I lost count of how many she has had. I haven’t always had a problem with all the boyfriends she has had. Like you go girl, but then that changed. The whole Calvin Harris, Tom Hiddleston debacle really made me mad. It wasn’t because they broke up, but she totally played him dirty. I wonder who else she has done this too.

3. The Breakup Songs

They are getting old. We get it, he broke your heart. There are better things out there to write about. Not everything you sing about has to be about how horrible every boyfriend you have had was.

4. Playing The Victim

She made a statement in LWYMMD that she is done playing the victim, but literally, she is playing the victim of what Kim did to her throughout the entire song. You’re still doing it so...

5. The Pettiness

She may have said in LWYMMD “All the world thinks about is drama, drama. But not for me, not for me. All I think about it karma,” but let’s be real. You’re petty. One person says something about you and you dedicate a whole album to them about how mean they are. Especially with LWYMMD. Kim called you out. Deal with it. Like, have you really changed?

6. Feuds On Top Of Feuds

Why are you always at the center of a controversy or twitter fight? We could honestly write a book with everyone that she has ever had “Bad Blood” with, but we don’t need to because she already wrote a song. Oops...

7. Her Finally Admitting She Is A Snake

Taylor, you’re like a year or two late. Everyone already knew this. Hello! Kim called out Tay on National Snake Day.

8. Her Denying Being Money Hungry

We all saw her burn the stack of money in LWYMMD which I guess was supposed to signify she isn’t in it for the money, but I still don’t believe it. Why do you have five lavish mansions? You can’t be in two places at once, let alone five. I can understand two houses, but five. Also, all your endorsements and things that you have. From DIRECTV to the whole UPS deal promoting your new album. I just don’t believe you.

9. The Good Girl Role

You wouldn’t have that many haters if you were really that good of a person.

10. Your Model Squad

You basically have friends who all look the same and appropriate what a woman should like. Even though the majority of us are 5’10” and 110 lbs. You make your group the “it” group that is so elite, that no one is good enough for it unless they fit into the standards that are already there.

11. The Media Stunts

The cryptic messages on Instagram, the hyped up single and music video, you allegedly being carried around in a box. Oh, I could go on. It seems like everything you do is to get media coverage and to make sure that people don’t forget who Taylor Swift is. Don’t try so hard.

12. Swifties

Your fans love and support you to no end, but they are also pretty mean. If someone says something bad about Taylor, they literally send death threats. Guess I better watch my back.

13. Reputation

Not just the new album, but your reputation in general. I am assuming that this new era is about fixing your reputation, or not caring anymore because it’s ruined? I don’t really know. The one thing that I have gotten out of everything is that you’re blaming everyone else for how bad your reputation is, but at some point, you have to stop pointing the finger at everyone else. It’s your fault of where it went because of choices you made, and how you made yourself out to be.