13 Pieces Of Advice For When You Feel Like You Are At Your Lowest

6. You will not see results right away.

280
John Gibbons

Sometimes, it's so hard to keep a positive attitude in life when it just keeps piling seemingly stressful situations on you.

No matter how hard life gets, there is a way to make it easier. Turn to these pieces of advice when you need some motivation to get through the hardships.

1. There is only one person you can change, and that's you.

You cannot control anyone else, you can only control the way you react to what other people say or do.

2. Find that person (or people) who can help hold you accountable.

They will help you reach your goals, stay on track, and keep up with good habits.

3. Do some soul searching to find out what you want to change.

Once you figure out where you are struggling, it will be easier to find where you need to start to solve your problems.

4. Sometimes you will have to distance yourself from friends who may not be good influences on you.

It’s normal to want to fix relationships that you have and just stick with them, no matter who that relationship is with. The hard part is knowing when to walk away and that at the end of the day you’ll be okay without them.

5. If you are religious, pray.

Many people who are religious find this to be very calming and it brings a lot of peace to them.

6. You will not see results right away.

But don't get discouraged. Change doesn't come in a split second and will take time, but the feeling that comes to you when you become the person you want to be will be so worth it.

7. Don’t dwell on the bad.

What are you going to do to continue on and move forward?

8. How can you put the world in order if you don’t keep your room in order?

This is a good reminder to stay organized because it will help you gain focus for everything else.

9. When there is something beneficial for you, make sure you put it in practice right away.

Keep practicing good habits so they become just that, habits.

10. You will make the best decision you can and until then just trust your intuition.

Give it time and use your best judgment until you are able to make the best decision.

11. All pain and joy come from within.

No outside forces can cause you sadness, you cause sadness to yourself. Nothing in this world causes joy, you cause it yourself. You can’t affect what you take in and you can’t control the world around you, but what you can do is control your emotions, forget expectations, and allow the world to do what it does. So, instead of focusing on sadness and allowing pain to fill you, focus on joy and allow happiness to fill you.

12. Nothing can make you stressed. You stress yourself.

This is sort of similar to #11. Choose not to be stressed and understand the uselessness of it. Do what needs to be done, but do it with confidence and not cluttered mind.

13. Sometimes even the giant needs help from the mouse.

Don’t be afraid to ask others for help. In my own experiences, I feel like I am bothering people by asking them for help. In reality, there are people who are so willing to listen to you and help you and feel joy in making you feel better.