13 Scenarios Of Sexual Misconduct That Shouldn't Ever Happen

Because unfortunately, we need to be explicit.
341

Since there has been a lot of feelings being spread lately about what is considered an okay way to nonverbally communicate and when it crosses the line to make people uncomfortable, I have come up with some general examples. It seems as though there are several people confused about what constitutes sexual harassment, so let me demonstrate.

1. Scenario One:

Handshake: Okay

Handshake and a surprise kiss: not okay

2. Scenario Two:

High five: great!

High fiving an ass: not so great...

3. Scenario Three:

Pat on the back: understandable

Pat on the chest: not understandable

4. Scenario Four:

Work-related compliments: All good

Sexually inappropriate comments: All wrong

5. Scenario Five:

Grabbing from the top shelf: Kind Gesture

Grabbing her right in the pussy: Not Kind Gesture

6. Scenario Six:

Inviting someone to a dinner party: Will try and make it

Excessively asking someone on a date: Will take different routes to avoid you

7. Scenario Seven:

Walking someone to their car: Not stalking

Following them home every day and looking in their windows: Stalking

8. Scenario Eight:

Calling up a friend: Not alarming

Leaving 30+ voicemails: Alarming

9. Scenario Nine:

Nicknames: Funny and Light

Name calling/slut-shaming: Not funny and degrading

10. Scenario Ten:

Helping someone take off their jacket: Acceptable

Forcing someone to take of their clothing: Not acceptable

11. Scenario Eleven:

Asking an employee to do extra tasks for a raise: Commitment

Making an employee engage in sexual tasks to keep their job: Coercion

12. Scenario Twelve:

Having controlled conversation: Respectable

Lashing out/threatening conversation: Not Respectable

13. Scenario Thirteen:

Consent: Sexy

Rape: A violation of someone's identity and body

While some of these things hopefully made you laugh, that who could be so ignorant to not think that said gesture needs to be said as not okay. Well, all of these examples have occurred worldwide, even by our own leaders. It needs to be said because clearly if it is not said, it will happen and be seen as "okay" by predators.