13 Of The Best Binge-Worthy TV Series On Netflix To Help You Avoid All Your Responsibilities

If you're looking for a show to avoid responsibilities, then here are some good options.

518

I binge-watched every single on of these shows on this list and I wouldn't recommend them if I didn't like them.

1. "Parenthood"

This show is so light-hearted and yet it has just enough drama. The only reason I started watching this show was because of a play I was in. I had to observe how the parents reacted and basically how everyone interacted together. I laughed, I got angry, but mostly I cried. These characters and this family really tugged on my heartstrings. So much so that I am taking a break before I watch it again.

2. "The Office" 

If you don't know what the office is, then you most likely live under a rock. It's one of those shows that you don't always have to pay attention to to be able to know what is going on, but the dry humor keeps you laughing. Fair warning though, you might have to really force yourself to keep watching through the first season. I know I had to.

3. "Parks and Recreation"

This is yet another show that I absolutely loved and have seen multiple times. It also has a dry humor that sometimes you don't catch until later. I related to each character in a different way, but mostly to Leslie Knope. The first episode will probably always be my favorite (watch to find out why).

4. "Grey's Anatomy"

I'm not one to watch medical shows, but "Grey's" really pulled me in. Sometimes I would look up and it was already 4 in the morning and I had been watching since 4 in the afternoon. Only thing I don't care for is how Shonda Rhimes basically kills off all of my favorite characters.

5. "Gossip Girl"

This series was so good and dramatic that I watch it over and over and still am surprised by some of the things that happen. I have heard good things about the novels so for you bookworms out there that need some spice in their life, here you go.

6. "New Girl"

Jess is one of those characters that you can really relate to and the humor in this show is so genuine. You're always rooting for her and her roommate to finally get together and work out, but it just never seems like it's going to happen.

7. "Friends"

Friends is another series that you don't really have to pay attention to and you can keep up with what's going on. When I'm cleaning, I usually turn this show on just to have some background noise and it's something that I don't have to intensely watch to keep up with.

8. "Riverdale"

I love crime and mystery shows and Riverdale was one of those that I easily finished a season in 2 or 3 days. Also, this show is based on a comic which is amazing and rare! The series currently has two seasons but a third is on the way.

9. "The Carrie Diaries"

Even if you haven't watched nor plan to watch "Sex in the City," "The Carrie Diaries" is an adorable cliché about Carrie Bradshaw that keeps you wanting more.

10. "Glee"

You have been warned, if you do not like people breaking out into musical numbers, then this is not the show for you. Coming from a theatre background, I always appreciated the extravagance of this show. The only change I would have made is to make a better ending. Overall, I loved this series and the characters themselves.

11. "Hart of Dixie"

Cute, funny, and very southern. I was skeptical of this show at first but soon fell in love. It contains light-hearted humor, romance, and drama all in one show. The characters each bring something different to the table and have the audience rooting for them.

12. "The Client List"

This show is a little more PG-13 but oh so good; I never wanted it to end! It is sexy and dramatic and keeps you on your toes wondering, will they ever get caught? It is a short series but if you're into drama then I highly recommend this one.

13. "Scandal" 

Last but certainly not least, "Scandal." I am currently watching this show and I must say, it has easily become an obsession. If I miss something I always go back because I don't want to miss a single bit of drama.