Panic! At the Disco is not only a great band with killer instrumentals and Brendan's beautiful voice, they also have poignant and poetic lyrics. With fourteen years of content under their belt, there is a rich library of lyrics to choose from. Selecting only thirteen lines was hard. Some of their songs utilize prose-like lyrics, some are sharp zingers. I tried selecting a solid mix of both flavors of lyrics. Either way, these lyrics slay harder than Brendon Urie in heels. So grab your champagne, set your watches to nine in the afternoon and grab your friends from holy spaces to get going on this list! Here is a list of some of the powerful refrains.
1. "Cold hearts brew colder songs" from Let's Kill Tonight
We're kicking off with a key example of one of their great one-liners.
2. "If all our life is but a dream
Fantastic posing greed
Then we should feed our jewelry to the sea
For diamonds do appear to be
Just like broken glass to me" From Northern Downpour
3. "But girls love girls and boys
And love is not a choice" from Girls/Girls/Boys
In concert, people put colored paper over their flashlights to create a rainbow of lights. It's a really moving moment.
4. "Assembling their philosophies
From pieces of broken memories" from This is Gospel
This is definitely one you chew on for a while. Enjoy the awful picture I took of him singing this.
5. "There's a haze above my TV
That changes everything I see
And maybe if I continue watching
I'll lose the traits that worry me" from New Perspective
This gave me "Fahrenheit 451" vibes. It's so easy to, quite literally, tune yourself out.
6. "You're a regular decorated emergency" from Camisado
Yep, you right.
7. "And if she had the proper words to say
She would tell him
But she'd have nothing left to sell him" from Ballad of Mona Lisa
The Mona Lisa is known for its mystique, and this line plays on the intrigue of the enigmatic.
8. "What a wonderful caricature of intimacy" from Build God and Then We'll Talk
Even without knowing the context and implication of this lyric, it's strong line.
9. "Well he was just hanging around
Then he fell in love
And he didn't know how
But he couldn't get out" from When The Day Met The Night
Sometimes, it happens. Proximity and attraction go hand in hand (thank you Social Psychology). It's nice to have a song to listen to while it does.
10. "Hey Stranger, I want ya to catch me like a cold" from Hurricane
This is one of my favorites by P!atD and it is filled with great lines. I'm featuring this one in the hopes it'll become a socially acceptable pickup line. Enjoy this picture of my fav and I at a P!atD concert, if she shot I wouldn't duck.
11. "If you love me, let me go" from This is Gospel
Sometimes the best thing to do is cut cords.
12. "My touch is black and poisonous
And nothing like my punch-drunk kiss
I know you need it, do you feel it?
Drink the water, drink the wine" from Victorious
This entire song reads like a poem, I love the rhyme and meter they use. Maybe that's why it's so insanely catchy...
13. " I'm just a white blood cell fighting like hell for you" from Kaleidoscope Eyes
Can this also be a social norm, please? (Thee Peyton Ivy Pazera's favorite lyric)