13 And A Half Reasons Why I Love Unit 13 1/2

I couldn't have picked anyone better to call my friends.

298
Sydney Benton

Coming into college, I was especially worried that I would have a hard time making quality friends. Now I am no longer "new" to college anymore, I am beyond grateful for the people that live in my hallway (and the one person that basically lives there) because they are truly the best group of people I have ever met. Whether they're in Unit 13 or Unit 14, there's definitely something special about the group called "Unit 13 1/2".

1. Laughing

When are we not laughing? Someone is always saying or doing something hilarious, and some people just laugh hilariously. It seems like someone's knee-pits are constantly sweating because something funny is always being said.

2. Heart to Heart Conversations

When we're not laughing, we can be serious too. It's great to have friends that you can talk to when you're having a rough day. Having group therapy sessions when you're not sure what to do with your life is one major benefit of being in our friend group.

3. Vape, Vape Tricks, Second-Hand Vape, Watching Vape Clouds

Despite the warnings that "Vaping causes cancer," it's still fun to watch that one BIG vape guy do his cool vape tricks. Even though you have to risk inhaling second-hand vape smoke, deep conversations can come from laying on the floor watching someone vape.

4. Our Differences Bring Us Together

We're all from different places, in different sororities, and have different majors. We're different, but that's what makes us work so well.

5. "Big, Huge, Major"

This won't make sense to anyone on the outside, but these phrases are used to dramatize 80% of the things we talk about.

6. Unproductivity

You can never get anything done when the group is around. If you actually want to get your homework done, you have to lock yourself in your room or go to the library.

7. Crying

You know you've made good friends when you're comfortable crying in front of them.

8. Hidden Keys

We know where everyone hides their keys, so it's not atypical to come back from class and see your friend sitting in your room waiting for you.

9. Late Nights and Lack of Sleep

Why get 8 hours of sleep when you can stay up and talk to your friends? You can sleep when you're old, but you only get one chance to make great memories like this.

10. Never Being Alone

Literally, never. There's always someone to go get dinner with, or someone is always in your room telling you about their day.

11. Hallway Conversations

People often ask, "What are you guys doing out here?" Sometimes we're talking, sometimes we're listening to music and dancing, and sometime's we're just sitting on the floor scrolling through our phones.

12. Hugs

Individual hugs, group hugs, side hugs, full hugs, and even unwanted hugs. For some reason, our group is always hugging! I guess, maybe we just really love each other!

13. Sunday Morning Sink Conversations

We always end up standing in the bathroom telling stories about the weekend as we brush our teeth on Sunday Morning. These convos seem miniscule, but they're a great way to end the weekend!

13 1/2. They're All Great People

I am so thankful I met such a great group of individuals!