12 Ways To Make Someone Else's Day A Little Brighter

It's easy.

436

Often, we forget the power of the little things in life like laughter throughout the day. We forget the small things that truly make life amazing. Noticing the small things is an important aspect of a happy and fulfilled life. However, a big part of making your day a little brighter might just be as simple as working to make someone else's day a little brighter. Here are a few tips that we can all use to work at making someone else's day a little better. Life is hard enough on its own, without other people making it harder. Let's work at making it a little easier for others.

1. Smile at people.

This may seem so simple, but it is so important. Walking around day after day while looking at people's seemingly miserable faces is draining. When you see a person smile, it automatically makes you want to smile, which creates a domino effect. A tiny action like this can and will make a difference in other people's days.

2. Say "hello."

Again, this is something that seems so simple, yet it is so powerful. The world can be a lonely place and something simple can make someone's whole day better. Don't look down and pretend to not know a person who you share a class with or who you have seen before. Chances are good that you both know that you know each other. If you don't, then you've made a new friend.

3. Tell them that their hair looks nice.

4. Tell them how great they look in their outfit.

5. Strike up a conversation in the elevator (even if it's awkward).

6. Hold the elevator for someone.

7. Hold the door open for someone.

8. When someone holds the door open for you, say "thank you."

9. Say "sorry" when needed.

10. When you're driving and a car lets you get in their lane, wave at them.

11. Try to have a pleasant attitude.

12. Give people the benefit of the doubt.

Work on trying to make someone's life a little brighter and it will surely brighten your own. As we all know, the golden rule says to treat others the way we want to be treated. If we followed this, then the world would be a much better place.