12 Valentine's Day Gifts She Wants But Won't Ask For
relationships

These are the things she wants, but will never ask for or buy herself.

630

Love is in the air, which means Valentine's Day is days away. Flowers and chocolate? Dinner and a movie? Stuffed teddy bear? NO. If you have a girlfriend, significant other, sweetheart, side chick, small fling, and everything else, I have you covered. If you're looking to get a gift that is something she actually wants, these 11 gifts are perfect for your college lady. I even ranked them from price low to high for all you guys on a budget.

1. A massage from you

Girls love massages. Enough said. Say you want to give her a massage, don't ask if she wants one. She'll really appreciate it. Light a candle, grab some lotion, oils, or whatever you have, and give a solid 15 minute back massage and she'll be the happiest girl in the world. Click the first number for some tips if you're a rookie.

2. A card

Girls really mean it when they say the thought counts more than anything. If you really can't afford much that's fine! Get a $4 card, and write your heart out about how much she means to you, how much you appreciate her, and how much you love her. She will probably cry, but it's worth the happiness because she'll feel the love.

3. Picture of You Two

Make sure to get it framed too, pick out something that matches the theme of her room. "What's a room theme?" Well, does she have white, black, tan, or some other colored furniture? Is there clearly a color scheme or no? Pick a frame tat matches the furniture or theme.

4. Cook her dinner

Don't make her favorite meal, she's expecting that. Make something delicious and different, that neither you or her have had! It will surprise her. Most groceries for one meal won't go over $20, so it's definitely better than dining out. But make sure you have everything you need, and that you make more than enough. Don't skimp out on the food. Set the table before she gets there. Have napkins, glasses, and plates. Glass plates are best, but if you don't have them get some decent Chinet paper plates or Valentine's themed paper plates. Do it right, or don't do it at all.

5. A trip to a cafe

If you can't/don't want to cook, take her to a small little place to eat. Your girl has probably been ranting about wanting to go to a cute cafe, coffee shop, or restaurant. If you remember which one she wants to try, take her there. If not, try out these options. They're all in the Rochester area and she'll love it.

6. Underwear

You can get quantity, or you can get quality: up to you. Every girl loves underwear, and sometimes can't afford it for herself. Don't get underwear you like. Make sure they're really for her. Get one that you're all about, but make sure the majority is something that she'll wear regularly. She will love it.

7. Event

Maybe it's a random jazz quartet in the park, a food festival, or an art gallery. This is an experience she won't forget. It's original and there are a lot of options, because groups get together to perform for Valentine's Day. Usually, these types of shows aren't too expensive. In my opinion, I'd take her to a small concert. It will be more intimate.

8. Candle

Get the good, brand name candles. Also, if she doesn't have a long candle lighter, get one of those too. You can get those at the dollar store. Getting a lighter for a candle is like getting batteries for a toy car, you need both for it to be worth it. Jar candles can range from $20 to $40 depending on size and brand.

9. Blanket

But not just any blanket. Don't get a tiny throw, don't get a blanket with a lot of fuzz. Get the softest, most plush, and giant blanket you can afford. Everyone loves to snuggle up in a nice blanket, especially after a long day of classes.

10. Wine Glass Set

You're probably thinking that your girl already owns a wine glass. Get her some really nice glasses that aren't from the dollar store. Get her a matching set. Stemless or with stems. Red or white wine glasses. A nice box set can be found anywhere, like Walmart, Target, TJ Maxx, and a bunch of other places. Wine glass sets can be cheap. If you get one at TJ Maxx, it may be $20, but some can run upwards of $50. Not a wine drinker? No problem, maybe she's into Scotch or beer? Get her these rocks glasses or beer tasting glasses instead! Tasting sets for liquors usually run around $50 for a set of 4, and beer glasses have a huge range in price. Do your research first.

11. Notebook

Girl's never buy the expensive notebooks that are really nice. My girlfriend has always wanted a Lilly Pulitzer notebook. Why are they so desired? No idea, but girls like cute stuff. If you can't tell what's nice and what isn't get one of her friends to help you out. PSA: Lilly Pulitzer agendas are sold out for the season. Sorry bros. These notebooks are usually $60

12. The piece of jewelry she keeps re-tweeting, sharing, and posting.

She wants it, that's why she keeps posting it online, for you to notice. If you can afford whatever it is, get it. That pink heart Pandora charm? Tiffany bracelet? Get it for her. She'll never admit it, but she wants it, bad. Only get what she wants, don't get a cheap variation or a different color.