12 Tips For Your Next Flight

12 Tips For Your Next Flight

It's a breeze.

16
12 Tips For Your Next Flight
Expedia

Airplanes...you either love them or hate them. Personally, I don't mind them. Being up in the air seeing the world from a new point of view can be pretty spectacular. Befriending the person next to you and swapping life stories can be something you add to your life story. However, as much as I do enjoy planes, I hate the stresses that come with travel. Over the last two decades I have been on easily 50+ flights, and have learned a few tricks.

1. Hand lotion.

Crabtree & Evelyn hand therapy is life-changing.

Sure, you have to put it in a quart-sized bag to get it through security, but it's worth it. In the air, your skin often gets dry, which is uncomfortable. You can't very well put lotion on your whole body in the middle of a plane, but you can at least moisturize your hands.

2. BB Creme.

Too Faced BB Cream is the perfect size and my personal favorite.

3. Be nice to the TSA Agents.

No one likes the long lines and the hoops you have to jump through in security, but it's all for your own safety. The TSA agents are there to protect you and those around you, so treat them kindly. A smile goes a long way.

4. Pack a water bottle.

If flights offer drinks, most people got for soda or juice. However, it's very important to stay hydrated. I suggest bringing an empty water bottle that you can fill up once you go through security.

5. Wear flip-flops.

Sanuks are my personal favorite because they're comfy and easy.

Security is a lot of people trying to move quickly. Wear shoes that are easy to slip on and off. For warmer months I suggest flip-flops and for cooler weather boots that don't have a zipper. If you need to go straight to a meeting or event from the airport, just pack a nicer pair of shoes in your carry-on.

6. Pack a change of clothes.

Stuff happens. Maybe the kid next to you spills his soda all over you, or maybe your baggage gets put on the wrong plane. Always pack a change of clothes and underwear in your carry-on just in case.

7. Bring a pen.

I suggest a cheap pen in case you loose it.
Planes often have magazines in the seat back pockets that have a variety of articles that are interesting to read. When you are done thumbing through the articles, take some time to fill out the crossword puzzles and sudoku!

8. Pack a book.

My go-to book.
Bonus: pack an old book. Goodwill is a great place to get books to travel with. They are inexpensive, and you don't feel pressured to keep them pristine. Books are great for if your plane doesn't have Wi-Fi or the person sitting next to you doesn't want to talk (or you don't want to talk).

9. Headphones will save you and those around you.

Don't be that person listening to the Backstreet Boys at full volume while your neighbor is trying to sleep. Just don't.

10. Portable battery.

If your plane does have Wi-Fi and you take advantage of that, chances are you will drain your battery quite quickly. I suggest always carrying a small battery pack just in case.

11. Bring a snack.

Chia Bars are healthy, yummy and take up very little room.
You could be running late, your plane may not serve food or snacks, the Starbucks might still be closed...a small snack is easy to pack and can save you and those around you from a hangry flight.

12. Get TSA Pre-Checked.

Most airports accept the Pre-Check status and allow you to (essentially) go through a faster security line in which you don't have to take off your shoes or pack liquids in a quart-sized bag. There are also more reasons to apply for Pre-Check, which you can find through your local airport.