12 Tips For Surviving Finals Week (With Spongebob)

Guaranteed to make you pass!

84
Spongebob Squarepants

Finals Week is right ar- actually, it's practically here. How do I know that? Are you stressing out more than ever? Well, Finals Week is here. Today, I will remind you of some very obvious tips on surviving Finals Week.

1. Get sleep!

You cannot handle anything at all if you do not have sleep. For a college student, aim for at least six hours (which is considered a miracle for most people). Six hours can guarantee you make it through the day. Six hours can also make you hear your alarm better.

2. Eat ... something (Good)!

Do you want to go hungry for a three hour test? You cannot get good brain function when you skip breakfast or lunch. It is better to eat something good (preferably healthy), so you do not have to have diarrhea during an exam or puke in the middle. But obviously, you NEED TO EAT SOMETHING.

3. Double check your exam schedules.

You might have confused one exam date with another. Recheck just to make sure. You don't want to come in for an exam, and no one is in the classroom. Then you asked a professor, who just happens to roam around the hallways, why no one is there, and he or she said that yesterday was the exam. Also make sure you have enough time to get to your class. Maybe get there 15 to 30 minutes before the exam. Wake up on time though!

4. Relax a little.

It is tremendously unhealthy to be horribly stressed out. It can mess up your mental function and your brain, and you might make situations much worse. It is good to relax JUST a little bit in order to keep track of what you are doing. Obviously, Finals Week is nothing to relax on, but if you take a load off just a bit, you can allow yourself some leeway and space to make it through the week. This can also work in life in general.

5. Take your time.

During a test, it is OBVIOUSLY best to take your time, and make great use of time you are given. If an exam is three hours long, but it only takes an hour to finish, take advantage of those three hours to make sure you did not make stupid mistakes. Finals Week is all about taking advantages of opportunities in order to make yourself less stress.

6. Be a little bit patient.

Do not think of the exam you are taking tomorrow, when you are taking an exam right now. Manage your time and schedule, and focus on what needs to be done now. Be patient. Study and think about the other ones AFTER you've completed the items. Sometimes, you can do well on the tests you were worrying about, and then you realize you completely flunked that exam you thought you did not need to worry about. Take one exam at a time.

7. Be active.

A little exercise or sports can keep your mind and mentality in balance. It can keep your stress level on a semi-low, and take your mind off the things you need to do. Sometimes, a little exercise or sports can boost your confidence, and you can feel all fired up inside. Other times, it can make you much sharper and keen on your abilities to learn. Take 20 minutes, and do some exercise. Go ask your friends to play basketball for a bit, then have a group study.

8. Bring water!

Bring water to every exam or presentation you are taking or participating in. Keep yourself hydrated. Dehydration will give you a big headache and sometimes dizziness. Do not do this to yourself. Do not be a masochist. A little snack (like a fig or protein bar) can help you, too!

9. Take breaks.

Taking breaks (like legit breaks, not procrastination breaks) is equally as important as studying or preparing for exams. This is similar to relaxing, but taking an actual break can refresh your head after a difficult or long (or both) exam. Go outside and walk around. Stretch those legs. Take a walk with your friend. Go get food.

10. Empty your mind of all things unnecessary.

Remove all the negative and unnecessary things in your head at the moment of the exam. Do not think about the rejection you experienced last weekend, or why he or she didn't invite you to that party. That drama does not equal to this type of drama called Finals Week. It is Finals Week, and set your differences and dramas (whether it is real life or television shows) aside, and focus on the thing that matters at this very moment.

11. Remember, grades are NOT everything.

Do not kill yourself for a grade. No matter how difficult it may be, follow all these steps, and you will definitely not get a failing grade. It will not give you an A (because that is in your control), but it sure as hell will not make you fail. In that case, it might give you a grade higher than what you would have gotten if you did not read this article.

12. Be strong (even if you are sick)!

People will be sick (physically and mentally), but do not let it consume your mentality and energy. You have the control, and you can be strong. You can do this!

GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!