12 Times Beyoncé Showed Us Her Soft Side In Lemonade

She's just like us.

52
Independent UK

Beyoncé: Flawless body, skin and life. Well, maybe scratch the life part. For years, Beyoncé has shown the public nothing but perfection in her personal life (without the help of Solange being reckless in elevators). But with Lemonade, she gives us a glimpse into her mind and her battling feelings with her personal life. She reveals that she's not just some goddess amongst 'normal people' like us, she's in fact, a 'normal person,' herself.

1. She wants approval from the person she loves just like we do.

Just because Beyoncé is, well, Beyonceé doesn't mean she doesn't want approval from the people she loves. She's a sucker for it, in fact.

2. She's not always calm, cool and collected either.

While Beyoncé is a goddess she still gets a little crazy. Betrayal doesn't sit very well with her, just like those crazy people we hear about in the news.

3. And she's not afraid to lose her cool.

We all reach our boiling point. Bey is no different! In DON'T HURT YOURSELF she shows she's a force to be reckoned with.

4. She's giving herself the same pep talk we're giving our friends at sleepovers.

"TELL HIM BOY BYE." At least that's what I've been telling my friends since....the beginning of time. We've all told ourselves this at some point too.

5. It's not easy for her either.

"She grinds from Monday to Friday. Works from Friday to Sunday." Beyoncé didn't just wake up and be the super celebrity pop icon she is today. In fact, she's been working since she was younger than us! She works just as hard as us, so she feels us when we're working the 9-5.

6. She has daddy issues just like the rest of us.

This one seems a little self-explanatory.

7. She questions whether or not she's good enough, even though she's Beyoncé.

"If I wasn't Bey would you still feel me?" Bey is asking her loved one if she wasn't the big deal she is today, would he still feel the same way that he does? We all question why someone loves us, and if it's really enough for them.

8. Love is her weakness too.

"Show me your scars and I won't walk away." In SANDCASTLES, Bey is admitting that even though she wanted to walk away from someone who did her wrong, she couldn't keep her promise. We're all weak for love sometimes.

9. She cares.

Beyonce knows what's going on in our society today, and she's just as angry as we are.

10. She has to pick herself up sometimes.

Bey even has to give herself pep talks too. You'd think she doesn't even need to pick herself up because when is a goddess down, but she does.

11. She's all gooey and sappy like the rest of us too.

"Beyond your darkness, I'm your light." I'm sure Bey would love a nice cuddle like I do right now.

12. She's proud of who she is.

and we slay.