12 Thoughts That Will Give You Spring Quarter Vibes

It's a time of reckoning as the conclusion of the school year comes to a close.
21

From the heaving sighs to not so stifled groans and whines, you may have noticed that spring quarter is indeed, upon us. After such a short spring break, the feeling of spring quarter is definitely bittersweet. It’s the last quarter of the year, but also seems to feel that it drags on the longest. It’s the quarter with the nicest weather depending on the day in the week. It typically has the best classes unless you weren’t able to get into them.

Already from its very inception, spring quarter is a time where strong emotions are front and center. Students being so close to finishing can no longer hold back their frustration on the quarter system or break schedule. This is our time of reckoning as the conclusion of the school year comes to a close. And what a long journey it takes to get there…

1. You realize this is your last quarter of the year and so you’re going to put your all into it!

No longer a time to party, but dance your way into the classroom.

2. And since you’re still on a spring break high, you feel like you have no responsibilities whatsoever.

Classes? Syllabuses? Whatever are you talking about?

3. Then, the feeling of how spring break was barely even a break starts to set in.

All that time off went by so fast. It feels like a blur.

4. You start to realize all you truly want is one more week to lay in bed and do absolutely nothing.

Is that really too much to ask?

5. Even having to go through syllabus week seems like such a heavy chore.

This is way too much to ask of me. It’s only the first week!

6. And summer seems so close, but yet so far.

I’m beginning to think warm weather doesn’t even exist anymore.

7. Graduation seems even more far-fetched.

At this point, it may just be some sick joke that everyone is in on but me. There’s no way it’s real.

8. It also doesn’t help that all of the best shows are out on right now on Netflix! The third season of "How to Get Away with Murder", "13 Reasons Why", the soon appearing "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt", this is just so cruel!

It’s like I’m already being set up for failure.

9. Though classes may be back in session, the weather has different ideas of what “spring” is.

Rainy days are meant to be nice every once in a while, but every day of the week isn’t cute by any means.

10. Because of all of these factors combined, now you don’t even want to step outside at all.

There’s really no point in trying to pretend you look forward to stepping out the door anymore. Once you get out the door, sure but the actual process in getting there is dreadful.

11. Friends and family try to be supportive, but no one understands the struggle quite like your fellow classmates. Thank goodness.

You all go through this together, we leave no one behind.

12. Ultimately, it’s important to remember that much like bad days this first week will pass as will each next one over the next ten weeks. Everything ends to give way for an exciting new beginning that will be even more blissful because you’ve earned it.

In the end, it will all have been worth it.