12 Things Theater People Can All Understand

The things you know if you listen to "Thoroughly Modern Millie", "Spring Awakening", "The Color Purple" ,etc. on repeat.

25
Princeton Festival

1. "Theater" or "Theatre"

You have a very strong opinion on the spelling of this word.

2. Playbills

If someone says, "I'll show you my playbill collection." You'll be sitting there for a while.

3. New Families

Whenever you join a new cast you join a new family, and even if you guys drift apart after the show is over, you will always keep a place in your heart for those people and that show.

4. Public Mention

If you hear something about theater, music or anything close to the subject, your attitude becomes increasingly better.

5. You actually know a lot about history

Because of musicals you have a great understanding of ancient Egypt, a newsboy strike, the forming of the U.S and constitution, 3 wars and the civil rights movement.

6. Old Show DVD's

When you watch your old shows, which isn't often, you can still name what night it was filmed and where you entered for every scene.

7. It's hard to listen to Sweeney Todd (or any other musical cast album) on the bus

*frantically sweats*

8. Tea... you drink a lot of it

If you like it--there isn't a problem. If you don't like it, you're screwed.

9. Bootleg Videos

You have a very strong opinion on them. Love them or hate them, there is no in between.

10. Tech week

When your teacher hands you homework on the first day of tech, you can't help but silently pray for it to be over. Have fun living in sweat pants all week.

11.Your musical library doesn't resemble most of your friends'

12. I think we all can agree we get TOO excited about the Tony Awards