College is a fun time. You are finally an adult and free to do what you want. With this new found freedom, comes some weird habits we have adapted that other people don't find normal. Here's some things that are only acceptable if you are a college student...
1. Sleeping until 1pm daily
In fact, when you wake up before 10 or 11 people question why you are awake so "early".
2. Wearing sweatpants every day of the week
Why waste jeans for an hour class? Sweatpants allow the comfort you'll need to trudge across campus in all weather and then sit and semi listen in class.
3. Watching 10 or more Netflix episodes in a day
It's just so hard to turn it off once you've began. You just need to watch one more episode to find out what happens, just one more...
4. Eating breakfast at 1pm and dinner at 10pm
No college student eats dinner at 6pm or breakfast at 9am. We sleep late and have classes at dinner time.
5. Drinking on weekdays is the norm
Everyone knows that the bars are less crowded on weekdays. You and your friend have off classes on Monday night so hit the bar for a few drinks!
6. Laying in your bed all day, only to leave when you need food
No one will think it's weird either. It's become a part of life. A nice part of life.
7. Submitting papers at 11:58pm when they are due at 11:59pm
I'll admit there's been times I submitted papers early, but only because I thought they were due ready and I was actually late.
8. Sleeping anywhere at any time of the day
You know those kids who sleep on the couches in the library? They are all of our spirit animal. Everyone loves to sleep. Anywhere.
9. Showering once every three days
Does anyone really take a shower daily? Maybe they do. Maybe it's just me.
10. Eating out multiple times a week
It isn't always in the plan, but how can you turn down a call from a friend to grab sushi or wings? It just so happens your friends ask you to get food together more than once a week.
11. Having no money but spending majority of your paycheck on food
We all complain that we are poor and then spend our lunch breaks at Chick-fil-a and Taco Bell. I'm guilty. I know you are.
12. Crying and having breakdowns more than once a week
It's perfectly normal to see people crying around campus or having a breakdown on social media. It occurs daily.