12 Starbucks "No-No"s That You Should Be Aware Of

Sincerely, your Starbucks barista.

4938
Nuanced Media

I've been a barista at Starbucks for almost two years now. I've met my fair share of really cool people, both co-workers and customers. I've also come across some people that will forever go on my bad list. Here are some simple "Don't"s you can put to use during your next visit to Starbucks.

Don't:

1. Order drinks or food at the drive-thru window

I'm sorry that you forgot to order at the screen or that your sister called and wants something, it's just not cool.

2. Order a pour-over in the drive-thru

We even TELL you that it will take at least five minutes. That means everyone behind you will have to wait that much longer for their drinks. Please, just come inside if what we have brewing doesn't suit you.

3. Ask us to break your 100 dollar bill

We are a coffee shop, not a bank. Please take your large bills elsewhere otherwise you may receive your 95 dollars worth of change in 5's and 1's.

4. Take an unreasonably long time to tell us what's wrong with your drink

We aren't perfect, we make mistakes. It's simple to fix a drink that was made wrong. Please don't turn a 30-second thing into a three minute monologue about how utterly dismayed you were to find out your drink didn't have enough pumps of vanilla.

5. Order a Venti drink and ask for it to be split into two cups

So you want us to split your beverage into two slightly smaller cups and top them off so you're actually getting two good size drinks for the price of one slightly larger drink? I mean, I appreciate the money-saving attempt, but c'mon..

6. Get upset when we don't know what goes in the Secret Menu drinks

You wanted a what color drink? I apologize, on behalf of all of my fellow baristas, that we do not know what drinks are on the Secret Menu. Why don't we? Well because the Secret Menu is not a thing. Come prepared with the list of ingredients and we'll do our very best to send you away happy.

7. Ask us to give you a second to finish your phone call

Nope. Just nope.

8. Drink 90% of your drink and THEN say it's wrong

Like who do you think you're fooling here?

9. Ask if the drink at the end of the counter is yours

We use these great things called stickers that not only have your name, but the drink you ordered as well as any alterations made to the drink. Next time, check the sticker before you make your barista read it directly to you.

10. Have a panic attack if we're out of something

Sometimes we run out of your favorite pastry or breakfast sandwich. We sincerely apologize and we happily encourage you to take a gander at the rest of our menu. Please do not act as though your world is crashing down. Thank you.

11. Mumble or talk quietly into the speaker

With all the noise going on inside the store, it's already a challenge to clearly hear what you order. If you want your drink to be made right, please SPEAK UP.

12. Be a jerk

At the end of the day, it's just a cup of coffee. We're just here to do our job and give you the best experience we can. So just smile back, say thank you, and be on your way.