12 Small Wins That'll Make Any Bama Student's Day Faster Than They Can Say 'Roll Tide'

Which is pretty fast.

215
Alyssa Cameron Price

In college, you have to appreciate the small things in life. Whether you are drowning in assignments, projects, or tests, anything going your way will put a smile on your face. You roll with the punches and make the best you can out of the situations that fall into your lap.

Thankfully, there are a few things that will brighten your day when it seems like nothing is going right. So without further ado, here are 12 small things that will make any University of Alabama student's day.

1. Class Gets Cancelled

This is especially amazing if the class is before ten o'clock. Being able to sleep in or just take a nap instead of getting dressed, walk across campus to class, and sit through a lecture will make your day for sure. Also, if it's a later class, it gives you time to catch up on some of that work you've been putting off.

2. No Clicker Questions

There is no greater feeling of relief than when you skip class and then find out that there were no clicker questions, especially if they count towards your grade. Now you can relax and feel better about your decision to dip for the day.

3. Extra Credit

So you actually show up to the class that everyone, and I truly mean everyone, skips almost every week only to be rewarded with extra credit for showing up. Even though it's "what you are supposed to do", it feels nice to be rewarded for sitting through fifty minutes of torture, a.k.a. Intro to Music.

4. No Labs

The best part of a holiday falling in the week is the fact that UA cancels labs for the entire week. I know you did not want to spend three hours of your life this week diluting chemicals to learn about titration or some ish. This small change will give you a brighter outlook for the week.

5. Short Lines at Chick-fil-a

You walk into the Ferg fully prepared to wait in a long line just to get an 8 piece nugget and some fries, but you walk in to find only two people in line. It seems like a miracle, and honestly, it is. It's almost unbelievable and most likely the best and most important thing that will happen to you all day.

6. Finding out you have more dining dollars than you thought

You know the feeling. You are standing at the cash register paying and the screen shows that you have ten more dollars than you thought you had. That's a whole foot-long meal that you could get tomorrow! This gives you a better outlook on the future.

7. Food Trucks taking dining dollars

When you have a dollar and eleven cents on your debit card, it feels really great when you find out that the food trucks around campus started taking dining dollars. Now you can actually eat without having to use the money your grandma gave you for Easter.

8. Walking across campus on a nice day

There isn't much that can beat walking across campus when it's a nice day. I'm not talking about when stepping outside seems like you are stepping into a sauna. It has to be a good day with a breeze and that feeling that just lets you know that it's going to be a good day. This especially works if you have the perfect music to accompany you on your trip.

9. The weather getting above 70 degrees

Tuscaloosa seems to turn up even harder when the weather starts to finally act right again. Smiles fill the quad almost as much as people laying out does. There's a completely different atmosphere that puts you in a good mood. Also, you can wear your Norts to class again.

10. Dogs on campus!

If you ever want to put a smile on your face, go to the quad when it starts to get warmer. It's like heaven due to the number of dogs everywhere. No one will care if you stop and pet them. Most likely, there is already a petting circle forming anyways.

11. Making a perfect schedule

When the time of the semester comes when it's time to register for next semester's classes comes around, you will get stressed trying to find the perfect schedule. However, when you finally find all the classes you want at times you will actually show up to, the feeling is overwhelming. It also helps if all the teachers you picked had a good review on RateMyProfessors.com.

12. Automatically being connected to the UA-WPA2 WiFi

This one is my favorite of them all. It's the reason I wrote this entire article because nothing makes my day more than when I open my computer and I'm already connected to the WiFi. Normally, my laptop connects to UA Help any time that the screen goes black so I'm always reconnecting. It's not a lie that I thank Jesus everytime it automatically connects.