12 Signs That You Should Have Chosen To Be A Teacher
Education

If you can relate to any of these 12 reasons, you probably should have chosen to be a teacher.

146

Parents know all too well that they have to teach their kids how to do certain things, which prepares them for school and for their entire lives. Those who currently work as teachers also know that the successful development of the ones they teach rests on the teachers' ability to do their jobs and do it well. College students are taught by both professors and by teaching assistants, so the teaching assistants have to uphold their ends of the bargain too. Those who hold leadership positions in school or at work probably feel like they're doing some kind of teaching when they're doing their thing.

Here are 12 signs that you should have chosen to be a teacher.

1. You enjoy working with kids

Whether that's through being a nanny/babysitting, tutoring, or teaching at a school, you have a great time with them since you have a passion for making them grow as people.

2. You want to have a positive impact on your future kids

You understand that to be the person you are today, you had to learn a lot of different abilities and instincts. Because of that, you want to make sure that applies to your future kids so they know what it's like to do things the right way.

3. You are a tutor or a leader of some kind

As a tutor, people come to you for help on their schoolwork, and you explain how the answer is what it is, by going through things step-by-step. Teachers do that on the regular, so you naturally have teacher-genetics in your DNA.

4. You've been unfairly treated in the past

Whether it was a bad boyfriend or girlfriend, or if if was your students getting into a fight over a bottle of glue, you know the importance of accountability.

5. You've dealt with unfairly hard repercussions for your actions

You have made your share of mistakes in the past, particularly minor ones, and you've faced discipline that was unfair. You know what fair discipline should be like and will apply it to those whom you are expected to lead. In other words, a teacher is expected to lead her or his students, and should discipline them in a reasonable way.

6. You own a pet

Even if you don't have your own (human) kids yet, you have a pet whom you treat like your kid since you have the same responsibilities, such as feeding it, cleaning its' poop, making sure it's active, and loving it.

7. You love to make food

Part of the experience being a teacher is providing for your students, and there aren't many better ways than to provide food for the whole class. It's commonly said that food is the way to the heart, so there must be a reason to bring food to class.

8. You are knowledgeable in many subjects

In particular, elementary school teachers teach all the subjects since they have a particular set of students that they specifically teach for the whole year. Being able to teach them all is a really strong skill to have.

9. You like to plan things

Whether that's your day, the week, or future events, you know that a teacher has to be prepared.

10. You enjoy helping others be better at their school work

Teachers know that their students need to succeed, and they have their share of struggling students, so they feel compelled to help out.

11. You are a morning person

School starts pretty early in the morning, and to teach your students, you know that you have to be there. But you embrace it and enjoy it. You enjoy the morning meetings before you greet your kids in the morning and teach them.

12. You have a balance of big heart and knowing when to enforce rules

You know that you have a big impact on your students' success, but you also know that it's important to hold them accountable while encouraging them to keep working hard.