12 Reasons Why Your Grandpa Is Your First Love

Grandpas have been there for you since day one and will always continue to be by your side.

1688
Teresa Darling

I know not everyone is super close to their grandpa, but if you’re like me, you got lucky and you got one of the all-time best grandpas in the world. Your grandpa has been your best friend since day one. He is the best guy to ever come into your life and unlike a lot of boyfriends, he will never leave. So here are a few reasons why he truly is really your first love.

1. He spoils you.

He knows your mom wouldn’t want you to be hyped up on sugar, but he buys it for you anyway. He is also always buying you little presents or sending you care packages.

2. You could always count on him for a play date.

When you were little, he would always be there to play with, whether it be with Barbie dolls or dress up. No matter how girly the game was, he would love it just as much as you did.

3. He let you drive his tractor or other vehicle when no one was around.

Even if after you backed up into your dad’s truck he would still let you drive. It was always fun getting to drive, feeling like you were grown up but also just laughing and cruising at 10 miles per hour (although you felt like you were going a lot faster).

4. He never tells your mom or grandma about the crazy stuff you do.

Whether it be jumping into the pool (when it was an above ground pool with no diving board) or going crazy on the four-wheeler, he always would laugh and tell you to be careful. But he would never tell on you. You’re the real MVP, Gramps.

5. He is probably doing the crazy stuff with you.

If it wasn’t too crazy, he would most likely join in with you. Building forts or running around outside was always 10times more fun when Grandpa joined in.

6. He does whatever you ask him to.

Whether it be to put up a volleyball net or build a tree house, whatever the grandkids want, the grandkids get (as long as it is reasonable).

7. He is always picking on you, in a good way.

He loves to mess around and tell you corny jokes or pick on you. But you know it’s not serious because he’s just a big goofball. And it is always the best feeling when you spit a joke back and he wasn’t ready.

8. He always calls to check in on you, even if he just talked to you yesterday.

Whether you live next door or across the country he is always calling you to make sure school is going OK and that you have everything you need. No matter how often you talk to him, he still worries.

9. He is always there for you when a guy breaks your heart.

He always jokes about how he is going to kick a guy’s butt if he tries to even talk to you, but when it comes down to it, he truly loves when you find a guy who makes you happy, and if it doesn’t work out he puts the jokes aside and he lets you vent and cry for as long as you need (if it gets too bad he may refer you to your mom or grandma, though).

10. He is your biggest fan.

Whether it be in sports, school or just in your hobbies, he is always on your side cheering you on and bragging about you to his co-workers and friends.

11. He is your best friend

He has been by your side your whole life, from your play date to your secret keeper. He is the best guy and best friend you could ever have. He holds a big spot in your heart.

12. He loves you unconditionally.

Even when you mess up or go crazy he knows the real you and the great person you are so he loves you anyway. He makes sure you stay on the right track and always look up. You can never do wrong in his eyes because you are his little angel (even if you do have some devilish ways) so he will always love you no matter what.

Your grandpa is a true blessing from God. He is your best friend, your go-to, your secret keeper and your jokester. He is all the good things in this world rolled up into one. So when you are going through a rough time or just need a laugh you always have that one person you can look to. He is better than any boyfriend could ever be (although we still want the boyfriend) and he is the one person who will never leave your side. So thank you, Gramps, for showing me the good things in life and always being there for me, you’re the real MVP. I love you!

From Your Site Articles