12 Reasons Why Summer Should Be Year-Round

Out of the million reasons why, here are twelve reasons summer should be year round!

6
Abigail Roenne

Summer is the best time of year. The only problem with it is that it is not quiet long enough. The warm weather, tan lines and spontaneous memories are a few things dearly missed throughout the year when summer is over. Although it is impossible for summer to be year-round, a girl can dream right? Here is a list of things we will miss once it sadly comes to an end.

1. No school, or for some college students "less" school. And this is something that surely deserved to be praised, much less ranked number one. Imagine all the much needed sleep we could finally get.

2. Tanning at the beach, the pool, the river etc.The warm weather while tanning makes skin feel amazing while getting that much needed vitamin D. Tan lines will sadly fade but that won't stop us at trying to get them as dark as possible before summer's over.

3. More cook-outs. There is nothing quiet like the fun atmosphere and smell of Bar-B-Q on a care free summer night.

4. Fireflies are summer's prettiest accessory. Who doesn't love making s'mores with fireflies all around?

5. The hot summer weather. Fall and Spring aren't to bad but being all tense and freezing in the winter is a dreadful comparison to the sun-kissed feeling of the summer sun.

6. That sweet summer fling. Yes it will likely come to an end but hey, who really knows? It was fun while it lasted and only a in a time and season like summer could have blessed you with such a relationship free from drama and hassles. You never hear about a "fall fling" or "winter fling" now do you?

7. The free time that comes with summer increases the possibilities of plenty of adventures and things to do.

8. Summer calls for fruit! Grapes, mangoes, strawberries and watermelon. You name it, summer is the season for it. In the hot sun these vital foods are that much more nourishing.

9. The time change. Because of this, it gets darker later in the day which means more time for fun memories and spontaneous adventures!

10. Swimming! Wether it is in a lake, river or pool this is an awesome pastime that becomes super popular during summer time. Swimming in the winter is definitely not as nearly enjoyable.

11. Planning ad going on road trips is a super exciting adventure no matter where you are go! It is the journey not necessarily the destination that is so memorable.

12. Summer contains the greatest holiday, as well. Independence day is celebrated by proud Americans and represents so much about this great country but also all the good times summer has to offer!