12 Reasons You Should Already Be Watching 'The Good Place'

Because let's be honest, you're going to the Bad Place if you aren't.

41
NBC Studios

Looking for a new Netflix show to binge over break? Or watch instead of studying for finals? Look no further. "The Good Place" is a cute, funny new-ish comedy that not only makes you laugh but also makes you think about the ethical dilemmas of life. Don't believe me? Here are fifteen reasons you should watch "The Good Place" this winter break.

Kristen Bell

"The Good Place" NBC Studios (Season 1, Episode 1)

I mean, how can you say no to this face?

The Unlikely Group of Friends

"The Good Place" NBC Studios (Season 2, Episode 9)

If you aren't watching for Kristen Bell, you should be watching to catch a glimpse of the strange, raw, and hilarious friendship between the four main characters.

You've Never Seen A Show Like It

"The Good Place" NBC Studios (Season 1, Episode 7)

Somehow this show combines the deep, dark fears of death and afterlife with a hilarious take on "heaven" and "hell." I guarantee you'll find yourself laughing while contemplating your own life choices.

Michael Schur

You may recognize him as Mose from "The Office," but he was primarily the writer and producer of both "The Office" and "Parks and Recreation." Now he's back again with this masterpiece "The Good Place."

Inspired By "Lost"

Well, it doesn't feature any plane crashes or island survival, but Schur revealed in an interview with "The Atlantic" that the major structure of the TV show storyline echoes that of "Lost."

Ted Danson Is Back!

Okay so he didn't really go anywhere, but he's been around for a while. Some of his most popular work has been in "Cheers," "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," and "Curb Your Enthusiasm." Just another reminder that age is just a number... just look at him go!

New "Complicated" Love Interest

Naturally, because this show is set in the afterlife, everything's a little... strange. Love and relationships between the characters are no different. In the Good Place you're paired with "Soulmate" who has been perfectly matched to you. Of course, since Eleanor has been placed in the Good Place by mistake, her soulmate is not really her "perfect" match.

The Anti-Heroine

"The Good Place" NBC Studios (Season 1, Episode 8)

I think we are used to seeing Kristen Bell in the sweet, good girl role so seeing her play an edgy, self-absorbed anti-heroine in "The Good Place" is refreshing. Plus, who doesn't like a girl who can kick some butt?

Bright Color Scheme

I know it sounds stupid, but if you're down and need a pick-me-up, this show should be your go to. Just experiencing the bright, colorful world of "The Good Place" makes you feel better.

You're Bound To Learn A Little About Moral Philosophy

"The Good Place" NBC Studios (Season 1, Episode 3)

Chidi, Eleanor's assigned soulmate, was a moral philosophy professor during his time on Earth. It's no surprise that morality is important even in the afterlife.

SO MANY PLOT TWISTS

"The Good Place" NBC Studios (Season 1, Episode 2)

Don't worry. I won't spoil it. But seriously! This show ALWAYS keeps you on your toes.

And One More Time... Kristen Bell

"The Good Place" NBC Studios (Season 1, Episode 6)

Because we can't get enough of her. Seriously. She's amazing.

So grab a blanket, make some hot cocoa, and watch "The Good Place" this winter break.