12 Reasons Why Clemson Is Actually Better Than The University Of South Carolina

In Dabo we trust.

4175
Reserve at Lake Keowee

In a recent article written by a University of South Carolina student, the reasons why USC is "better than Clemson" are listed. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, not everyone can be right. In my opinion, not only is Clemson better than the University of South Carolina, but it's the best school in the nation. Here's why:

1. Clemson is a higher ranked public institution than University of South Carolina.

According to U.S. News and World Report, Clemson is ranked number twenty-three on the list of "Top Public Schools." Twenty-nine spots down you'll find the University of South Carolina. Clemson is also ranked 66 for National Universities, while South Carolina is ranked 107. USC may have more majors, but it's about quality, not quantity.

2. University of South Carolina can't touch Clemson in football.

As of the 2016 football season, the Tigers have accumulated two National Championships and sixteen ACC Championships. Sorry, Gamecocks. You can continue talking trash when you have a conference championship under your belt. Also, Clemson beat University of South Carolina 56-7, which was the largest point deficit between ACC and SEC teams.

3. Clemson is safer than Columbia.

The City-Data.com Crime Index ranks the crime in cities across the nation, higher numbers meaning more crime. In 2014, Clemson's crime index was 217.5, while Columbia's number was a whopping 447.5. No thanks, Columbia.

4. Students live for Clemson football.

It's no secret that football in Death Valley is an experience that everyone needs to have at least once. From tailgates covering every free inch of campus to the unmatched school spirit, Clemson fans breathe in the essence of college football in its truest form. If you haven't been tailgating on a Saturday in Death Valley, have you really been tailgating?

5. Sunsets over Lake Hartwell are life-changing.

A sunset in over Hartwell is a sunset like no other. There's something about seeing a purple and orange sunset reflecting itself onto the lake. It's proof that God loves Clemson.

6. Fans pack the stadium for EVERY game.

Clemson fans really are all in when it comes to actually attending football games. It doesn't matter where the Tigers play, orange stretches from one side of the stadium to the other. Just watching the playoff games for the past two seasons, it's easy to see why Clemson is ranked number five on Princeton Review's "Students Pack the Stadium" list.

7. Clemson is a small town where big dreams go to live on.

Clemson is the perfect place to still get that small town feel while pursuing dreams. For a town that houses over 14,000 residents, it somehow traps the feel of a small town, so it still feels like home. And Clemson's number five rank for Princeton Review's "Best Career Services" allows for dreams to get even bigger.

8. Death Valley is home to the 25 most exciting seconds in college football.

You're lying if you don't think our entrance onto the field is iconic. It's like that Kanye and Jay Z song...it gets the people going. Not only do the football players get the entire stadium pumped, they also do it with grace. If it were me running down that hill, it wouldn't be so pretty.

9. Clemson is home to the South Carolina Botanical Garden.

The second most beautiful place in Clemson, behind Death Valley, of course, is the Botanical Garden. Within walking distance from campus, students have access to 295 acres of trails, streams, and unmatched landscapes.

10. We have Dabo.

Dabo Swinney embodies what it means to be a "Clemson Man." His charisma and strong southern values basically make him Clemson's dad. I don't know what we did to deserve him, but he inspires all of us to stay true to ourselves. WWDD?

11. Clemson is home to some of the nation's happiest students.

According the Princeton Review, Clemson ranks number eleven for the nation's "Happiest Students." It's all about being a part of the Clemson Family. The Clemson Family is not just an urban legend. It's something you have to be a part of to understand, and once you're in, you'll never want to leave. Clemson is also #3 in "Students love their school."

12. Clemson is THE university in South Carolina

USC is the school in Southern California. You will never be USC. In the wise words of Dabo Swinney, "They ain't Alabama. They ain't LSU. And they're certainly not Clemson. That's why Carolina's in Chapel Hill and USC's in California and the university in this state always has been, always will be Clemson."

It's always a great day to be a Tiger! On that note: