12 Quotes To Start The New Year Off Right

"New year, new me."

136
Google

Each of the quotes listed below represent a different perspective on the new year, and taking them to heart may help you understand better ways to bring in the new year besides setting one simple resolution.

1.) "The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals." -Melody Beattie

2.) "For last year's words belong to last year's language and next year's words await another voice." -T.S. Elliot

3.) "Past and Present I know well; each is a friend and sometimes an enemy to me. But it is the quiet, beckoning Future, an absolute stranger, with whom I have fallen madly in love." -Richelle E. Goodrich

4.) "Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, magic, and power in it." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

5.) "Maybe this year, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives not looking for flaws, but looking for potential." -Ellen Goodman

6.) “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” – Albert Einstein

7.) “We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.” -Edith Lovejoy Pierce

8.) “This is the new year the new you. You can pass through another year, coasting on cruise control. Or you can step out of your comfort zone, trying things you have never done before.." -Pablo

9.) “Each New Year, we have before us a brand new book containing 365 blank pages. Let us fill them with all the forgotten things from last year—the words we forgot to say, the love we forgot to show, and the charity we forgot to offer.” -Peggy Toney Horton

10.) “New Year - a new chapter, new verse, or just the same old story? Ultimately we write it. The choice is ours.” -Alex Morritt

11.) “Forget what we became, what matters is what we've become, and our potentials to overcome.” -Aniekee Tochukwu Ezekiel

12.) “As the old year retires and a new one is born, we commit into the hands of our Creator the happenings of the past year and ask for direction and guidance in the new one. May He grant us His grace, His tranquility and His wisdom!” -Peggy Toney Horton