You're young, confused, lonely, and have no clue what you want to do with your life. You're on a constant soul search that seems never ending, and it's starting to get frustrating. Even though you have your whole life ahead of you, feeling lost can put you in a strange state of being. If you're anything like me, a simple quote you come across can either inspire you, give a flash back of memories, good and bad, or reflect on decisions you've made before. That is why I am going to give you some quotes I've come across that have inspired me and gave me the major feels.
1) "It hasn’t been easy. I had to learn how to love myself, how to love my messy hair and tired eyes. I had to do everything on my own, not that I had any choice in the matter. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but my god was it worth it because in the end the only person you really have is yourself and if you don’t love you, who will? - 4am"
Easily one of my favorite quotes I've come across on Tumblr (yes, tumblr still is bomb). Love yourself because at the end of the day the only person you have is yourself.
2) "Your body is your home. Don't burn it down."
So many people in this world spend their lives hating themselves, which is slowly destroying themselves. Please if there's one thing I want you to do, it's take care of yourself. I'm guilty of being toxic towards myself, but I'm working on it.
3) "Be the one who nurtures and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and forgiving heart. Be the one who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them."
If there's anything I've learned, it's to be kind. You want to be the person that bring's out the good in the people around you.
4) "You were hurt badly, and those scars will be with you forever. I feel sorry for you, I really do. But think of it like this: it's not too late to recover. You're young, you're tough. You're adaptable. You can patch up your wounds, lift up your head and move on."
There comes a time when you have to fix yourself. Give yourself time to hurt, but remember you can't do that to yourself forever.
5) "And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good." - John Steinbeck, East of Eden
Growing up you learn that it is actually impossible to be perfect, we are all flawed. Now that you've learned that, you can focus on being a good person.
6) "A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms."
You are your own unique person. Do not think you have to compete to be better than the people around you, be yourself.
7) "I thank the universe for taking everything it has taken and giving to me everything it is giving." - Rupi Kaur
A short poem from my favorite book of all time. They say everything happens for a reason. Life has to take somethings away from you to prepare you for what's coming.
8) "He is not the sun. You are." - Christina Yang
The famous quote known among all Grey's Anatomy fans. Seriously though, this is literature gold. A guy is not the center of the universe, you are. Never forget that.
9) "You will always be too much of something for someone: too big, too loud, too edgy. If you round out your edges, you lose your edge. Apologize for mistakes. Apologize for unintentionally hurting someone - profusely. But don't apologize for being who you are."
Never be sorry for being the way you are, there is only one of you; how special is that? Never let other people take away what makes you yourself.
10) At such times the universe gets a little closer to us. They are strange times, times of beginnings and endings. Dangerous and powerful. And we feel it even if we don't know what it is. These times are not necessarily good, and not necessarily bad. In fact, what they are depends on what *we* are."
We go through these strange times, change, growing, learning, and during these times is what makes you who you are. Embrace it.
11) "You are not weak because your heart feels so heavy."
Just because you are living with a heavy heart at the moment, does not mean you are not a strong person. You need to live with this heavy heart to appreciate the moments it is not so heavy anymore.
12) "Relax. You will become an adult. You will figure out your career. You will find someone who loves you. You have a whole lifetime; time takes time."
This is a quote every young person should read over and over again. Everyone is scared and lost. We need to remember there's so much time ahead of us, and everything will fall into place when we are ready.