Summer is the time where friends find themselves reuniting and reconnecting as a result of newfound free time. The quotes below embody the emotions one feels when they find a true friend(s) and are able to share a bond like no other.

1. "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light." - Helen Keller

2. "A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!" - Doug Larson

3. "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." - Marcel Proust

4. "A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world." - Leo Buscaglia

5. "The language of friendship is not words but meanings." - Henry David Thoreau

6. "A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn

7. "A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love." - Saint Basil

8. "Love is flower like; friendship is like a sheltering tree." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

9. "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." - Walter Winchell

10. "The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing... not healing, not curing... that is a friend who cares." - Henri Nouwen

11. "True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance." - Henry David Thoreau

12. "The strong bond of friendship is not always a balanced equation; friendship is not always about giving and taking in equal shares. Instead, friendship is grounded in a feeling that you know exactly who will be there for you when you need something, no matter what or when." - Simon Sinek