12 Life Lessons My Parents Taught Me

12 Life Lessons My Parents Taught Me

Thank you for everything.

16840
12 Life Lessons My Parents Taught Me
Pixabay.co

Lately, I've been thinking about how my parents taught me so many important lessons growing up. Sure, they have taught me everything I know and I still look up to them everyday. But as I've begun my junior year in college, there are a few things I am very thankful my parents taught me and made sure I knew before they send me into the world.

1. Always clean up after myself.

This seems like such a basic thing and kind of a no brainer. But honestly coming to college I am amazed at how some grown people don't know how to clean up after their self.

2. Work for the things you want.

My parents are very, very hardworking people. They always encouraged me to work hard and work hard for the things I want in life. Rather it's simple things or my goals in life, they taught me to work for it.

3. You don't need a man.

This is such an important one. I am very thankful that my mom taught me to never rely on a man and need a man. I'm thankful I was taught to be my own person and be an independent woman.

4. Everything will work out.

This is still one I struggle with sometimes. But no matter what myself or my family has gone through, we always work it out and get through it and I think this is a very important lesson.

5. Never give up on your dreams.

Anytime I want to give up, my parents motivate and inspire me. They taught me can achieve my goals and I should never give up on them.

6. Be your own person.

They always taught me to be me and stay true to who I am.

7. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

This was the number one rule and lesson growing up in my house. If you want to be treated well, then you need to treat others the same. I'll never forget my dad saying this to me almost everyday when I was younger.

8. Accept others.

Another one that I feel should be obvious, but sadly it isn't. I'm so glad my parents taught me to love and accept people, even if they are different than me.

9. Save your money.

My parents taught me to work hard for the things I have and to save my hard earned money.

10. It is what it is.

My parents have really shown me that sometimes you just can't change a situation and things are just the way they are and you have to push through it.

11. Chase your dreams.

Everyday my parents encourage me to do what I want to do in life. They motivate me to shoot for the stars, chase my dreams and never give up.

12. They taught me love.

They taught me to love myself, to love others and they taught me what a real example of true love is!