As dorky as it sounds, some Harry Potter quotes can be oddly relatable to everyone's daily lives. Other Harry Potter quotes are just quirky and fun and can be used as random trivia to impress/annoy your friends. So, here they are:
1. "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore, Prisoner of Azkaban
This quote just seems to be the essence of Harry Potter. Wise, magical, and absolutely awesome. And also makes for a great tattoo.
2. "You're a fool, Harry Potter. And you will lose everything." - Voldemort, Order of the Phoenix
Voldemort is so easy to hate, obviously because he is the most dangerous wizard of all time. Yet, I can't help but love how classically evil he really is, and his delivery of this line truly demonstrated that.
3. "You're not a bad person. You're a very good person who bad things have happened to." - Sirius Black, Order of the Phoenix
Why did Sirius Black have to die? He gave such great advice and still maintained that "good-guy-devil-may-care" look. RIP Sirius Black.
4. "Everything's going to change now, isn't it?" - Hermione Granger, Goblet of Fire
This one really hit home. Cedric Diggory had just been murdered, and Voldemort had formally returned. I quietly say this quote to myself whenever I have to do "adult" things.
5. "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy." - Albus Dumbledore, Goblet of Fire
Once again, Dumbledore spits the truth. And it's so easily relatable to a mere muggle's life as well.
6. "And then he greeted Death as an old friend, and went with him gladly, and, equals, they departed this life." - Hermione Granger, Deathly Hallows Part 1
Technically Hermione is quoting a book, but either way, it's amazing. The eerie animated scene depicting the history of the Deathly Hallows was wonderfully unique, and this quote is simply beautiful, in the oddest way possible.
7. "For in dreams we entire a world that is entirely our own. Let them swim through the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud." - Albus Dumbledore, Prisoner of Azkaban
Once again, a timeless quote from Dumbledore. So light, and magical, a lovely break from the underlying seriousness of the series.
8. "Curiosity is not a sin, Harry...but we should exercise caution with our curiosity." - Albus Dumbledore, Goblet of Fire
I can just hear his voice saying this. Maybe I'm just obsessed, but, for some reason, this quote is so oddly memorable.
9. "I must not tell lies." - Harry Potter, Order of the Phoenix
Ah, yes. When Harry finally let Delores Umbridge have a test of her own medicine. Right on Harry, right on.
10. "Of course it is happening inside your head...but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore, Deathly Hallows Part 2
Thanks for making me feel saner than I actually am, Dumbledore.
11. "Harry Potter, we meet again." - Voldemort, Sorcerer's Stone
Once again, I'm playing devil's advocate. It's almost nostalgic to think back to the first movie and see the cheesily animated head of Voldemort. Either way, the snake-like dialogue was wonderfully creepy.
12. "Don't. Lie. To me." -Severus Snape, Goblet of Fire
I adore Severus Snape, and if you don't understand why, reread the series, please. This line is classic Snape, and his delivery is unparalleled. Who doesn't love a little greasy black hair every now and then?
You're welcome for getting such wonderfully memorable quotes stuck in your head, you're officially a Harry Potter nerd, now.