12 Things You Become Good At In College

12 Things You Become Good At In College

Yep, things are great here.

1
12 Things You Become Good At In College
Samantha Jolly

1. 15 minute naps

Because you only have 30 minutes between now and your next class, every second counts.

2. Waking up 10 minutes before class and still making it on time

When you fell asleep at 1 AM and your first class is as 8 AM, it’s great to just roll out of bed and head to class.

3. Knowing the nearest Starbucks and exactly how long it takes to get there

Coffee is your best friend. Having 4 cups a day is minimal when you have over 17 credit hours

4. Prioritizing my time

When you have class from 9AM- 3:15PM, then practice from 3:30-5:30, don’t forget to eat! Prioritizing time becomes very important. Especially when you have 4 tests that week plus a practical, life gets rough and prioritizing becomes your best friend.

5. Showering under 7 minutes

When your roommate and suitemates also need to use the bathroom, quick showers become your next magic trick. One minute you’re in and the next you’re out.

6. Shaving legs while standing up

Let me tell you, it is difficult to shave your legs in a stand up shower, but after many tries it becomes easier and easier.

7. Getting dressed in the dark

When you have class at 9AM but your roommate has class at 11AM, you learn how to put your pants are right with the lights out, easy as pie now.

8. Going 7+ hours without eating

Classes are back to back and with practice right after them, eating on a schedule becomes hard. So it’s pretty normal to go over 7 hours without even touching a food item.

9. Functioning on less than 5 hours of sleep

When midterms are upon us, sleep seems to disappear into thin air. Your time in your bed slowly goes down while the time at your desk rapidly increases.

10. Finding free stuff

Who doesn’t love free stuff?? Especially when you are a broke college student who has a mindset of someone who has thousands of dollars. So a compromise: FREE STUFF!

11. Studying habits increase

You know you have to pass these classes, some require to pass with a “C” or above. High school studying the night before will not fly with college. Not even studying the night before will work, you better be studying the whole time.

12. Becoming independent

College is all about finding yourself. You become independent when you go away to college, which is hard when you have no idea what you are doing with your life.