12 Female Fronted Bands You Need To Check Out

Have a listen, find your new favorite band.

176
Santos Velasco

There's not many female fronted bands on the radio these days so, here is 12 female fronted bands in the local scene for you to check out! Hey, maybe you'll find your new favorite band! Give these bands a round of applause for all their hard work, they're all extremely talented.

1. RVLS

RVLS is an Alternative/Pop band from Los Angeles, CA. RVLS is made up of four members. Vocals: Kalie Wolfe, Guitar: Justin Wells, Bass: Sebastian Chamberlain, Guitar: Micket Woodle. RVLS are will be on the Emo Is Back tour May 10th-May15th, tickets can be found at emoisbacktour.com check to see if they will be in your area!

2. VISTA

VISTA is an Anthemic Alternative Rock band from NJ/NY. VISTA is made up of three members. Lead vocals/guitar: Hope Vista, Drums: Wolf Reiter, Guitar/backing vocals: Brian K. Canfield. VISTA will be playing three shows in May with Royal Street. They will be in Pittsburgh, PA on May 13th, Amityville, NY on May 14th, and Clifton, NJ May 15th! Be sure to check them out if you're in the area.

3. Royal Street

Royal Street is a Rock band from Providence, RI. Royal Street is made up of four members. Vocals: Viana Newton, Bass: Zach Brock, Guitar: Alex Beattie, Drums: Brian Cauti. Royal Street will be playing three shows in May with VISTA. They will be in Pittsburgh, PA on May 13th, Amityville, NY on May 14th, and Clifton, NJ May 15th! Be sure to check them out if you're in the area.

4. Six Stories Told

Six Stories Told is a Pop band from Walden, NY. Six Stories Told is made up of four members. Vocals: Joanna DeRosa, Guitar/Vocals: Jesse Sheppard, Drums: Tyler McDermott, Bass: Adam Peters.

5. Cup Check

Cup Check is a Pop Punk band from Chicago, IL. Cup Check is made up of five members. Vocals: Michaela Kramer, Guitar: Ben Cassinelli, Guitar: Alex Van Anrooy, Bass: Jesse Sneath, Drums: Kieran O'Donoghue.

6. Begin Again

Begin Again is a Pop Punk band from California. Begin Again is made up of three members, Ashley, Jon, and Andy.

7. Blossom

Blossom is a Rock band from Sydney, Australia. Blossom is made up of five members. Vocals: Sarah Buckley, Guitar: Kerrod Williams, Drums: John Buckley, Guitar: Nick Laurie, Bass: Keanu McCormick.

8. The Unending Thread

The Unending Thread is an experimental Indie band from California. The Unending Thread is made up of three members, Cesar Alas, Kim Reyes, and Julian Tallman- Rogantini

9. Distant Skies

Distant Skies is an Alternative/Pop band from Palmdale, CA. Distant Skies is made up of for members. Vocals: Clarin Crumlish, Guitar: Irvin Pacheco, Bass/Vocals: Samuel Villatoro, Drums: Carlos Hernandez.

10. The Ones You Forgot

The Ones You Forgot is a Pop/Rock band from Brick Township, NJ. The Ones You Forgot is made up of five members. Vocals: Jenna Bruno, Rhythm Guitar: Matt Thompson, Lead Guitar: Ferdinand Benauro, Drums: Justin Rodman, Bass: Lance Nelson.

11. Almost Awake

Almost Awake is an Alternative/Rock band from Las Vegas, NV. Almost Awake is made up of five members. Vocals/Guitar:Victoria Liano, Lead Guitar: Grady Jones, Drums: Gabe Conover, Rhythm Guitar: Addison Egelhoff, Bass: Tommy Cochran. You can catch Almost Awake on the Emo Is Back Tour show May 14th alongside with RVLS in Las Vegas! Tickets found at emoisbacktour.com

12. Carried Away

Carried Away is a Pop Punk/Alternative Rock band from Toronto. Carried Away is made up of five members, Madison Crombie, Oleksii Koval, Jared Allison, Justin Fabian, and Brandon Uhle.

Enjoy! Hope you found a new favorite band. Be sure to find them all on social media incase any of them have a show near you! Let's get more female fronted bands on the radio!