The 12 Couples You Will Meet at University

During your time at school you'll meet all of these couples, so here's your handy guide to the kind of relationships that always happen on campus.

569
StockSnap

University is a great place to meet people, and during your time there you'll meet plenty of people who end up hooking up, breaking up, or just creating drama on campus. During your time at school you'll meet all of these couples, so here's your handy guide to the kind of relationships that always happen on campus.

1. The long distance couple

You'll actually only ever meet one half of this couple, as the other is away at another university. The person you do meet will always be attached to their phone, whether they're texting, phoning, or Skyping with their sweetheart. It's going to be difficult to ever get their attention as they're always pining over their phone.

2. The high school sweethearts

This is the couple that made sure to go to the same university, so they would avoid being the long distance couple. They go to the same classes, share the same dorms, and go to all the same parties. This can either signal a relationship built to last forever, or a dramatic blow-up somewhere down the line.

3. The romantic couple

These two have already planned their whole lives together. Kelli Ables, a College advisor at Huffington Post comments: “They're engaged, or soon to be engaged, and already know the names of the children they don't have yet. They're on a different wavelength to you, and that's ok.”

4. The PDA couple

This couple are so in love, and they want everyone to know about it. They hang around in public constantly, making out and staring into each other's eyes. Let's not talk about the noises coming from next door when you're in your dorm. Invest in ear plugs.

5. The power couple

This couple make you feel slightly inadequate, thanks to their perfect grades and their commitment to studying. If they're in the same class, they'll be competing against each other to do the best. You're sure that at least one of them is going to be president someday.

6. The couch potatoes

No matter how hard you try, you're never going to get this couple off their sofa to hang out with you. “They only ever leave the room to get more snacks or go to class, and there's nothing you can do about it. If there's something new on Netflix, you're just not going to see them for a few days”, - says Arlene Perez, an Intern at Paper Fellows.

7. The on again, off again couple

This couple should have their own reality show, the way they fight. They're forever breaking up and telling everyone how awful the other person is, and then publicly making back up at every opportunity.

8. The freshman hook-up couple

This couple found each other at the beginning of college and have been inseparable since. They may not last long out of college, but you know they're going to have a whale of a time while it lasts.

9. The best dressed couple

This couple regularly wear clothes that you were looking at in the store, wondering if you could pull them off. They make anything look amazing, and never come to class looking less than fabulous.

10. The keep fit enthusiast couple

This couple can always be found in the campus gym, helping each other with their workouts. If they're not there, they're cheering each other on in their chosen sports. “Either way, it may be best to stay out of the gym when they're there, as they can make you feel rather inadequate”, - shares Michael Peebles, an Educator at Academized.

11. The party couple

If there's a party happening, these guys are going to be there. They're always the centre of attention, ready to try something new and get the party started. You know that these two are the reigning champions of keg stands and beer pong.

12. The new roommate couple

You were a roommate with one half of this couple, but now their beloved has been encroaching on your territory. They're sleeping on your couch, drinking your milk, and most importantly, not paying rent.

These are the most common couple types you'll find at your university, but there are sure to be many more. Maybe you recognise your relationship in this list. Now you know what you're looking for, you know how to deal with any couple that comes your way.