12 Christian Songs To Ease The Anxious Mind

We must turn to Him to calm our anxious thoughts.
47155

1. "Trust In You," by Lauren Diagle

"When You don’t move the mountains I’m needing You to move

When You don’t part the waters I wish I could walk through

When You don’t give the answers as I cry out to You

I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You"

Sometimes, events don't turn out the way we wish. Sometimes, we wish for more and wonder why we can't get to where we want to go. It's times like these we must realize that He has bigger and better plans for us. We must trust in Him to guide us and lead us to the right path.

2. "Eye of the Storm," by Ryan Stevenson

"In the eye of the storm, You remain in control

In the middle of the war, You guard my soul

You alone are the anchor, when my sails are torn

Your love surrounds me, in the eye of the storm"

It's inevitable that at some point, we will face hardship, whether it's school, family, or friends. However, it is important for us to know that He has not left us. In fact, He is the one we look to when times get difficult, He is with us through it all, to give us strength and courage. When we are feeling low, He is protecting us, watching over us, and guiding us.

3. "Sparrows," by Jason Gray

"You can't add a single day by worrying

You'll worry your life away

Oh don't worry your life away

You can't change a single thing by freaking out

It's just gonna close you in

Oh don't let the trouble win

....

If He can hold the world He can hold this moment

Not a field or flower escapes His notice

Oh even the sparrow"

It is easy for worry to consume our minds. Thinking of all the what if's of the situation, thinking of the past and the unknown future. It is easy to let this negative thoughts continue to flow, to cause us to feel uneasy and anxious.

But, as the song helps us to remember, worrying won't give us more time and we can't change what is going to happen, He has planned our future. He knows tomorrow than we do. Although, we feel small and it can seem like He can forget us, we must remember that we are important to Him. He is with us and helping us, we mustn't worry.

4. "God is on the Move," by 7eventh Time Down

"God is on the move, on the move

Hallelujah

God is on the move

In many mighty ways"

This song has a strong, uplifting beat. The lyrics help to remind us that God is everywhere, He is always with us no matter where we many venture. He is always there for us to turn to, and never leaves us. He is working miracles. He always has a plan.

5. "Breathe," by Jonny Diaz

"Breathe, just breathe

Come and rest at my feet

And be, just be

Chaos calls but all you really need

Is to take it in fill your lungs

The peace of God that overcomes

Just breathe

So let your weary spirit rest

Lay down what’s good and find what’s best

Just breathe"

We live in a fast paced society. It's easy to get overwhelmed, with the struggles of a daily routine, with added pressure from your boss at work or an upcoming test at school. We feel the need to rush, because we have so much to do and only so much time to accomplish our tasks.

It's easy to become full of worry, anxiety, and panic. It's times like these we must call upon His name. To remember to make time for Him, to find peace and relaxation in His name. He reminds us to breathe, slow down, and take a break from all the stress.

6. "More Than You Think I Am," by Danny Gokey

"You always think I'm somewhere on a mountain top

But never think behind bars

You'd be amazed the places that I'd go to be with you

Where you are"

When times get difficult and anxiety begins to rise within you, it's easy to feel alone. People have this idea that God is only at this high mountain, but this song helps to remind us that God goes with us where ever we go. He is always available for us to call on for support. Even though we may feel alone, we never truly are. He is always with us.

7. "By Your Side," by Tenth Avenue North

"'Cause I'll be by your side wherever you fall

In the dead of night whenever you call

And please don't fight these hands that are holding you

My hands are holding you"

We are not perfect. God knows that, we're human. We will fall, we will make mistakes, we will ache. It's important to remember that He understands. He doesn't want to see any of children hurt. He is there for us, to help us heal, to get back on track. He does not abandon us. He stays with us through it all. When times are difficult we must remember to turn toward HIm, not away.

8. "The Words I Would Say," by Sidewalk Prophets

"Be strong in the Lord and

Never give up hope

You're going to do great things

I already know

God's got His hand on you so

Don't live life in fear

Forgive and forget

But don't forget why you're here

Take your time and pray

These are the words I would say"

It's easy to get caught up in our own lives, the pressures we're facing. This songs gives us a gentle reminder that God has a plan for us. It reminds us to pray, to thank God for what we already have and what we need. It reminds us that God is our guide, His hand on us, we are going where we need to go and to never give up.

9. "Oceans," by Hillsong United

"And I will call upon Your name

And keep my eyes above the waves

When oceans rise

My soul will rest in Your embrace

For I am Yours and You are mine"

Stress can easily take control of us. Stress brings worry, doubt, and anxiety. This song encourages us to keep our eyes above the waves when the oceans rise, when the stress continues to come. We must not drown in our own doubt and keep ourselves focused on overcoming the situation. We must trust in Him to be there for us when the situation is difficult. This song reminds us that He is there for us, He is ours.

10. "When I'm With You," by Citizen Way

"When I’m with You

I feel the real me finally breaking through

It’s all because of You Jesus

Anytime anywhere any heartache

I’m never too much for You to take

There’s only love

There’s only grace

When I’m with You"

Calling on Him, on His Word, we feel refreshed, renewed, calm. He eases our worried mind and brings peace to our mind and our lives. No matter how bad, how upsetting the situation, He will never turn his back on us. He loves us and He heals us.

11. "My Anchor," by Christy Nockels

"My anchor, forever

My shelter within the storm

You're my deliverer

You never falter

You're the rock I stand on

...

Here within the struggle

And every crashing wave

You are more than able

Your hand is strong to save"

When life becomes too much for us to handle on our own, we must turn to Him, as the anchor says He is our anchor. He is also strong, and He must be strong within us. We can turn to him anytime we need to. He will soothe the worry and help to calm the storm.

12. "How Can It Be," by Lauren Daigle

"You plead my cause

You right my wrongs

You break my chains

You overcome"

No matter the situation, He is there for us. He forgives when we ask, He understands. He leads us to and on the path we're destined to take and He is there to help us succeed. We must remember that He never leaves us. He provides. He takes care of us, so we must relax when we feel anxiety creeping into our bones and turn to Him.