To 'The Unsent Project,' I'm Sending My Love To You

A project centered around things people never said to their loved ones has captured the attention of many around the world, and here is why you should look at it.

98

I discovered The Unsent Project a couple of years back when I was in high school. Quickly I became infatuated with the relationship between love and color that Rora Blue, the creator of this project, had created.

The submissions made my hundreds all over the world range in languages, pain, love, and most importantly, color.

With over 34,000 submissions, Blue has created a website and even has an online shop where you can purchase stickers of these submissions. Not only that, but these unsent messages have even gone off to become exhibits of their own.

When you go off to submit a message, you are asked to do two things.

The first thing is to choose the color you think of when you think about your first love. This color can be the color of their eyes, their favorite sweatshirt, even the color of their nails during a certain time.

The second thing you have to do is type your message. You have the option of writing in the name of who you want to direct, or "send," your message to.

Yes, I have submitted some unsent messages of my own, but trust me when I tell you that there are people out there that are really hurting. Some, a great number actually, of these submissions can pull on some heartstrings. Especially because the messages can be directed to a parent, a lost love, a friend, even a place.

My favorite part about this project is that there are times when unsent messages actually relate to one another. Maybe it was unintentional, but there are times when they do relate to one another and it's nice to see both perspectives about the situation.

The greatest thing about this and the reason why it has become so popular is that it's anonymous. No one will ever know it's you unless you tell others.

Below I have attached a couple of recent submissions that have caught my attention.

And remember, love and color will always be connected.