11 Ways To Get Over A Horrible Week

11 Ways To Get Over A Horrible Week

Shake off those bad vibes and get ready for the weekend.

210
11 Ways To Get Over A Horrible Week
Project Heal

We’ve all had those weeks that started off horribly and just never got any better. Hopefully, those kinds of weeks are few and far between, but in case you need it, here’s a list of eleven ways you can shake off those bad week vibes.

11.) Color

Coloring is a great way to release your creativity and is very relaxing. The great news is that intricate coloring books meant for adults are “in” right now, so you can head down to your local Target and pick one up. Or, you know, grab a Disney princess coloring book, a pack of Crayolas, and go to town. For the more dedicated, you can take it a step further with your own personalized coloring book, which you can get here: http://www.putmeinthestory.com/grown-up-gifts/pers...

10.) Play on a Playground

Playing on a playground can take you back to when you were a kid instantly. I suggest the swings, but others are partial to the merry-go-round. Just don’t get stuck in the slide tunnel!

9.) Look at Pics/Vids of Cute Animals

Here are some to get you started!

8.) Go Out With Your Friends

Sometimes a party is just what you need to start your weekend off right. Throw in some great friends and your weekend is already turning out better than that horrible week you just had.

7.) Go For a Jog

Bonus if there’s a scenic lake (or cute boys) to run by.

6.) Have a Movie Night With Your Friends

I suggest The Longest Ride because nothing says “goodbye, bad week blues” like Scott Eastwood shirtless, am I right?

5.) Cry Into Your Pint of Bluebell Ice Cream

Pro tip: put on a super sad movie (like The Fault in Our Stars) so if someone asks, you can say it’s just the movie’s fault. Sometimes after a bad week, you just need to cry. Once you let it all out, you usually end up feeling a lot better.

4.) Go to a Trampoline Park

I’m convinced that trampolines are magical happy-machines. Jumping off a trampoline into a pit of foam blocks or nailing a 14 year-old in the leg during an intense game of trampoline dodgeball is a great stress reliever after a terrible week of cramming for final exams.

3.) Participate in a Little Retail Therapy

Go buy something super cute for yourself and in your budget, of course, to stay away from that icky buyer’s remorse that usually hits me about .02 seconds after I walk out of the store with my purchase.

2.) Call your Mom

Moms have magical powers and can make you feel better about anything. If you don’t live close enough to talk to her in person, I suggest giving her a call; she’ll turn your week around in no time.

1.) Watch Funny Videos Until You Cry

The best way to shake off a horrible week is to laugh…a lot. It’s a proven (by me) fact that if you watch this one enough times, you’ll laugh so hard you cry.