11 Ways 'Grey's Anatomy' And College Are Alike

13

" Grey's Anatomy" is, hands down, my all-time favorite show. I've seen it all -- from "Law and Order," "90210," and "Gossip Girl" to "Friday Night Lights." And don't get me wrong, I love them all, but nothing compares to the excitement I can find in Derek Shepherd, the heartbreak that comes when Shonda kills off someone I love (@Derek @Sloan @George), the happiness that comes when something good happens to a character (@Karev when he gets his offer from Hopkins), and all the other emotions the show brings out. And as I'm quickly catching up on all of the seasons, I'm starting to realize more and more that "Grey's Anatomy" is super, super similar to college. So here are 11 ways my favorite show, and the best four years of our lives are alike.

1. Picking your major is a lot like picking your speciality.

2. The cafeteria food of Seattle Grace Mercy West or the dining hall fish --which one's worse.

3. Studying for finals is like the whole crew studying for their oral surgery boards.

4. Meredith helping Christina with the burns on her butt is basically you and your best friend holding basically carrying you up the stairs after a rough Saturday.

5. Your dorm hall looks a lot like Mer's house when the entire cast basically lived in it.

6. Looking at students who have easy majors is like sitting in derm for a day.

7. When you know you bombed a test so you go a little bit too crazy, sort of like when April fails her boards so she also goes crazy.

8. When you manage to get an A on your paper, your test and your project that were all due on the same day it is kind of like when Izzie managed to save the life of a deer in the back of a truck.

9. Using your school's sports team and game days as an excuse to day drink is basically the same thing as Meredith and Christina using the hospital softball game as an excuse to drink.

Except when your sports team loses the most important game of the seasons.

10. That's pretty much the same amount of heartbreak as when Shonda kills someone you love. (@Denny, @Mark @Derek @George, @all the patients that deserved happy endings).

11. When your life is a mess and you have no idea how you're going to make it -- but all of your closest friends will suffer through it with you -- it's the exact same thing as the first season of "Grey's" when all the interns have no idea what to do and how to do it, but they all still had each other.