11 Ways To Deal With Stress As Told By Spongebob

The little yellow guy has some good ideas on how to relax.

116
via Ppcorn

With course registration coming to a close and midterms long over with, it's coming to the end of the semester with talk of finals beginning before you know it. And if you're like me, this is the time of the semester when my stress levels begin to rise. The amount of work begins to increase, the holidays grow near and I feel my heart rate increase as I think about all I have to do before school lets out. Here's a number of ways that I cope with my stress.

1. Take a nap

Probably the most underrated form of relaxation in college, naps are great for reducing stress levels! Just make sure you leave time for meals, homework and other nightly chores before curling up on your bed.

2. Watch your favorite show

Sometimes, you just need to laugh or cry along with your favorite characters to relax. Who knows? Maybe there's an episode where they're dealing with the same problems as you.

3. Listen to music

Your favorite tunes can always change your mood, but make sure you turn on something that will make you feel better, not worse. You never know if playing that one Adele song will be your breaking point.

4. Go for a run

Now before you moan and groan about physical activity, let me remind you that I am a resident couch-potato who hates getting up to change the channel, much less pull on my sneakers and head for the gym. But if you find too much pent-up energy stemming from your stresses and anxieties, this run will clear your head and leave you calmer than before.

5. Give yourself a facial

Maybe you have special face masks you bought or saved for a special occasion. This is that time! What better way to relax than by treating yourself.

6. Give yourself a makeover

In addition to that facial, give yourself a full makeover after. Maybe you want to watch that YouTube tutorial that caught your eye or want to try the latest trend. Look cute for you and feel good about yourself.

7. Go on a shopping spree

This one comes with a warning to have the money before spending that cash. Whether you go to the mall or go online, treat yourself with a present for dealing with everything going on and still making it! You're here and surviving, that's gift-worthy.

8. Go on a date

Whether with your main squeeze or your best friends, take the time to get out of your room and get some food with those you love. Have fun and don't think about school for once.

9. Call your loved ones

How long has it been since you talked to your parents or guardians? Your siblings? Cousins? If it's been a hot minute, give them a call. Tell them about how life is. I'm sure they'll make sure you know you're loved and supported and you'll feel ready to face the world again.

10. Color

You know how coloring books have become all the rage lately? Yeah. Invest in one. Print some pages off the internet. Coloring for a few minutes or a few hours will distract you and bring you to peace. Plus, you get to feel like you're five again.

11. Have a snack

My favorite stress reliever: snacking! This can mean anything that soothes your soul, cheese and crackers, chips and dip, chocolate or veggies! You know what foods make you feel the best, so keep some on hand in this stressful time.

With these tips, you can handle the rest of the semester with ease! Best of luck to you all and if you need me, I'll be texting my best friends with Netflix on and a bag of chocolate on hand!