11 Ways The Bay Area Is Really F*ing Cool!

Bay Area Represent!

111
San Francisco Travel

The Bay Area is known as one of the most unique places in the world. Its beautiful landscapes and adventurous lifestyles make the place seem like it is straight out of a dream. People from the Bay can all agree that there is definitely no place like home. Here are some reasons the Bay Area is really f*ing cool!

1. Culture

The cultural diversity in the Bay Area is prevalent in almost everything. The numerous festivals are inclusive of various different cultures adding to the uniqueness of the Bay. In addition, the food in the Bay Area is so diverse, you can eat food from pretty much anywhere in the world in one day. After leaving the Bay Area, culture shock is never something you have to worry about… You are the culture shock!

2. Music

The Bay Area is the home to some of the best music in the world. Every year we host killer festivals such as Outside Lands and BFD which feature various well-known artists from around the world. On top of having a really strong music festival game, the Bay has been the home of many artists including Zendaya, G-Eazy, Kehlani, and Green Day!

3. Boba Tea

It’s a fact. We have some of the best tea. Every single complex in the Bay Area has at least one boba tea place and each place has its’ own identity. Bay Area citizens are definitely conditioned to become boba tea aficionados.

4. LGBTQ

It’s no secret that the Bay Area has been heavily involved with the advancement of LGBTQ+ rights for a long time. In addition to the work done by Harvey Milk and the Castro District, we have one of the biggest pride events in the country. San Francisco is also the home to the first public high school in the country to offer a class in LGBT history and many cities in the Bay have painted rainbow crosswalks onto their streets.

5. Ice Cream

Not gonna lie, we have some of the best ice cream. Ghirardelli, Fenton’s Creamery, It’s Its! You can never get bored of the ice cream yummy-ness in the Bay.

6. Education

In addition to having many high ranked high schools and four-year colleges, we have Stanford University and the University of California, Berkeley which are both ranked to be among the best in the world!

7. Technology

The Bay Area is known to have the headquarters to many of the most influential companies in the world. Twitter, Yelp, Google, Facebook, Apple, and many more. It is definitely really cool being from a place where the future is being invented every single day.

8. Interstate 280 to San Francisco

Our views are to die for. The sights on Interstate 280 make the ride from San Jose to San Francisco a magical one. And let’s not forget the Flintstone house on the way!

9. Highway 17 to Santa Cruz

Highway 17 is definitely another beautiful ride. Although the sights are beautiful, its curves make the highway one of the most dangerous routes in the state, giving it the nicknames “Killer 17” and “Blood Alley”. Evidently, driving along on highway 17 is definitely a thrill to die for!

10. Full House

Of course, there is nothing cooler than not only watching, but actually understanding, the Tanner lifestyle.

11. Sports:

We take our sports very seriously. Having some of the best sports teams in the country really brings out the competitive side of Bay Area sports fans.