11 Tweets That Show MSU Students' Abandonment Issues

Bye forever, I guess.

5024
Instagram

As most of you know, Dan Mullen recently left the head coaching position at Mississippi State to become the new coach for the Florida Gators. It was very unexpected for most of us and some students are mourning this loss, and some are still mad about it. Over the past couple days, during all this, Twitter exploded. These tweets show the truth behind the students' of Mississippi State emotions.

This explains the first thing most students thought when they saw that Dan had accepted Florida's position. Still very confused and a little hurt. We thought you loved it here... guess not.

Hey as bad as this whole thing is, he's got a point. Anything is better than being a black bear/landshark/rebel or whatever you call it. #hailstate

I think we all have a broken heart after how Dan left us. It will take some time before we'll be okay again, but at least we'll get a laugh out of making fun of you forever.

Most of you know that at Bops there was a concrete named after Mullen. Well, obviously it's time to change that name. A lot of people had great new names, like "The lateral move" or the "later gator" or even the "dirty Dan." They ended up going with "The lateral move".

Basically why we have trust issues now.

A shout out to the people who truly care about this university and the bettering of our community.

Nothing more to say. We'll see you in Davis Wade on September 29th, 2018, Dan.

You know you've made it big when the local coffee shop subtweets you via street sign.

This just makes me proud to be a bulldog. We are a strong family that will ALWAYS stick together, and nothing will change that. As he said, "I love who we are."

This tweet is why I'm apart of the Bulldog family. So proud to have you as our quarterback!

If you're reading this Dan, I truly wish you happiness in your next coaching job with the Florida Gators. You made State a family and you will always be a part of it- even though we currently do hate you. Thank you for bringing our team this far, and we can't wait to beat you on Sept. 29th.

As sad as it is to watch Dan go, we have to move on. Welcome to the bulldog fam, Coach Joe Moorhead! We can't wait to make new memories with you.

Also, I'm not trying to be dramatic or anything but we already love you and please don't leave us.