12 Times You Were Literally Rory Gilmore In College

"Nothing excites me before 11:00."
69

Rory Gilmore and I are one and the same, and here are the facts to prove it: Our mothers are our best friends. Coffee makes up 60% of our bodies. Pop culture is our second language. We love reading and making lists and doing laundry our way.

Ever since I got to college, I've found that I'm not as perfect or polished or put-together as I once was. And the one thing that has helped me get over every speed bump is watching Rory at Yale being less than perfect, too.

If Rory Gilmore can fail her exams, be unsure of her career path, and get turned down by the cute boy in the laundry room, then who's to say we can't?

Here are 12 instances in which Rory accurately described our nowhere yet all-over-the-place, messy-haired and messy-hearted selves in college.

1. When you have to write an essay, cram for a midterm, and read 50 pages of a textbook in one night

2. When the alarm goes off for your 8 a.m. class

3. When you go to the library to study but all of the seats are taken

4. When you realize you have to miss out on the plans you made with your family and friends ages ago

5. When your professors ask a super vague question (then proceed to answer it themselves)

6. When you try to stay in touch with people from back home

7. When people tell you about the interviews/internships/auditions they have coming up

9. When it's time for your daily 20-minute breakdown

10. And you come out of it pretending like you're a brand-new person

11. When you meet people who are passionate about the same things as you

12. When you get that opportunity you really wanted

So again, let's remember that if Rory Gilmore can face rejection, failure, and imperfection, then so can we.