11 Times To Lean On Your Faith As A College Student

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

24
Twitter

Being a college student is one of the most confusing and stressful time periods of your life. We seek out other people and things to help us get through it, but sometimes it's as simple as leaning on something that has always been there.

Relying on God to get you through the craziest of times can be hard. It doesn’t mean just believe in him — it means to depend totally, completely, and exclusively on God. You may not believe in him or have much faith at all, but having faith in something other than yourself is one of the most soothing feelings.

When you lean on something, you expect it to hold you up. You can lean on the Lord. Some of us are used to leaning on other people. They may be Christians, they may be godly people, but they will let you down because they’re human, because nobody’s perfect. There is no guarantee that the person you lean on the most — husband, wife, parent — will even be around for any length of time. You need someone who cannot be taken away from you. You need to learn to lean on the Lord, and take each day as it comes. No matter what you go through, there’s no need to worry about tomorrow when you have God.

If you take the time to think about it, there's a way to seek out God in everything that you may face. Next time you're faced with something, lean on him.

1. You’re anxious | Philippians 4:6-7

”Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.You’re angry at the world”

2. You’re angry at someone | Ephesians 4:26-29

“In your anger do not sin. Do not give the devil a foothold. Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up.”

3. You’re questioning God’s motives | Romans 8:28

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him”

4. You’re overwhelmed | Isaiah 40:31

“But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”

5. You’re just sad | Revelation 21:4

“He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more pain, crying, or mourning. The old order of things has passed away”

6. You’re in a relationship | Corinthians 13:4

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.”

7. You can’t sleep | Proverbs 3:21-24

“My son, do not lose sight of these—keep sound wisdom and discretion, If you lie down, you will not be afraid;when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.”

8. You need forgiveness, or to forgive | Ephesians 4:32

“Be kind and compassionate to one another. Forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

9. You need strength | Joshua 1:9

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you may go.”

10. You feel insignificant | Isaiah 44:22

“I am your creator, you were in my care before you were born.”

11. You need nothing, & you want to appreciate God | Proverbs 16:3

“Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.”