11 Things You Won't Miss About College This Summer

There are some things we won't cry over leaving behind.

22
magical journey travel

If most college students have one thing in common, it's probably the fact that we love being at school. While there's an unlimited number of things we'll miss about school when we leave for the summer, there are a few things we won't miss at all. Here's a list of the things college students will miss the least when we go home for the summer:

1. When they mess up your order at the dining hall

There's no greater disappointment than your friend getting the cheese that was supposed to be on your eggs, or getting rice when you asked for noodles.

2. Forgetting your ID and being trapped outside your own home

If you forget to grab this one item before you leave in the morning, you'll be frantically texting everyone you know who lives in your building, or sadly waiting outside the door in hope of someone coming in or out.

3. That one annoying quirk your room has

Whether it be a buzzing light bulb or a closet door that won't stay closed, you won't miss it when you're home.

4. Hearing the people who live next to you at all hours

At home, we don't have to deal with our next door neighbors blasting music or our upstairs neighbors doing...God knows what.

5. Living out of a mini fridge

At home, you'll have a full kitchen again, including a full sized fridge! This is a plus because nine times out of ten, your mini-fridge either freezes everything or nothing at all.

6. Not having real furniture

Futons are great for the limited space available in a dorm room, but can only be comfy for so long. Your living room couch will be much appreciated in comparison.

7. Being yelled at for being too loud

Yes, there's a slight chance that your parents may have the same complaint, but you won't have it coming from your RA for a solid four months.

8. Walking everywhere

On sunny days, this doesn't feel as bad, but over the summer we are finally free of trudging through inches of snow and ice just to get to class or eat dinner everyday. The farthest you'll have to go for dinner is downstairs to your kitchen.

9. Doing laundry in a common space

At home, you can leave clothes in the washer for an extra hour or two without the fear of a stranger taking out your clothes and leaving them wet on a table or on top of the machine. There's also no fight or waiting game for a dryer, and a much smaller risk of someone stealing your favorite white cardigan.

10. The constant risk of parking tickets

Unlike the parking lots at school, your driveway will probably always have a spot for your car. If it doesn't, you won't get a parking ticket for taking the necessary measure of parking on the street.

11. Not being allowed to have a pet

The closest we have to the companionship of our dogs or cats at school is sneaking in the occasional fish or hamster. At home, our beloved pets will be by our sides whenever we need them.

It's always bittersweet saying goodbye to another year of college and leaving for the summer. Although we miss it all, the good and the bad, breaks have a way of helping us appreciate even the most annoying parts of living at school and looking forward to coming back in the fall.